Discoloured back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey,

Just about his before colour. I may have been hasty with the green comparison, im searchin for my memory card with a pic on it of him from xmass.

when he was sold to me the breeder said that he should end up having lavender colour on him? il put a before and after pic together shortly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great, that would help. It is just such an odd case. :D You just had to be different didn't you? :mrgreen:
Let's hope we can get him all fixed up soon.

Tracie

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
here is a picture of him at xmass on the tree. u can see how far off green i was :?

tristan.jpg

and this one is off my iphone so quality isnt great, he is next to isolde who i was told will be a spitfire colur and has started going dark and kinda like black freckles with orange around his belly and head. they are roughly the same age. tristan is the one furthest from the camera.

NewImage.jpg

they look very similar in that picture but they are completely different now!!!

he had been gettin a fair bit brighter since xmass, if i put him in the bath he used to get really bright, very bright orange around his head now. i was told he was going to have a lavender tint somewhere in him and sometimes u can see it if he is out in his outdoor tank on a really nice day lapping up the UV

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow those are great pictures. No, he was not green was he? A normal morph with some color.
The best we can do is treat for a fungal problem right now. Perhaps he will begin to shed it off soon if it is fungal. How long has he been looking like this you said, just after his last shed correct?

Tracie

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
just an update on tristan,

He has had his first day of topical application and no change for better or worse, still eating his live food healthily and no difference in mood or activity.

Just to tracie,

ya he has been looking like this exactly a week now, It happened last friday evening when he shed his back. I didnt take action till i got the pics up here and i thought it was a retained shed or just his coloring.

Hopefully the cream shud kick in after a couple of toppings.

Do beardies generally get better from fungl infections if treated?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can recover from fungal infections, yes but it takes awhile. If this is what it is, then it will probably take a few sheds for it to all to come out of his system. If it persists, he may need Itraconazole which is an oral antifungal that could be used to completely clear it up too.
Do the best you can & be consistent with the treatments, daily & keep us posted on him. I hope that he can kick this.

That is great however, that he is eating well & has an active lifestyle right now! :mrgreen:

Tracie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Glad to hear you took Tristan to the vet and he is being treated now. Hopefully there is no permanent damage and he will make a full recovery for you.

Good Luck to you and Tristan!

Dawn

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok so I feel the need to ask this.Do you happen to have any young children at home?I only ask because when I initially looked at the photos I would have sworn it was glue or paint on his back.I know it sounds a little silly but I am just trying to rule out everything because that is like no fungal infection I have ever seen.Also the fact that it came on so rapidly leads me to believe its not.When was the last time that are shed?You didnt pull any shed off did you?

Edit:I just noticed on your rock wall and side are of the tank there seems to be some yellowing discolorations.Is it foam?Is it melting per chance?

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

No, have no young kids and there is no chance that there is glue or paint on him. As for pulling off his shed, my girlfried was taking him out of his hut and when she slid him out very slowly she noticed that all his back skin shed in one go she noticed that his skin was kind of stuck to the innner wall and that Tristan seemed a little bit angry about this but then he soon was back to normal. I must emphasise she didnt pull hard at all. Last thing i want you guys to think is that we mis treat the lil guy.

That yellow wall is actually the colour of it, it was the foam wall on his older tank so i just moved it in to his new tank. Its not a discolouring, its just the colour of the wall. The spot light is only aimed at his basking spot which has a sall towel on it so that couldnt have melted either?

I previously said he shed last friday, 9 days ago but He shed last saturday night, 8 days ago. This discolouring on his back was noticeable immediatly after the shed.

I didnt even consider this to be an option? If it was caused by his skin being pulled off could it still be fatal and or fixable?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Please don't think anyone is accusing you of mistreating Tristan. I personally am not familiar with yellow fungus at all, so I really have no clue what I am looking at.

Vicky(vickson420) and Tracie(Drache613) are much more familiar with the health and disease aspect of bearded dragons. I believe what Vicky is getting at is the fact that the yellowing on Tristans back looks unlike any fungus they have ever seen. That's why all the questions. No one is saying you're doing anything wrong, so please don't think that.

The vet that you took Tristan to, was it a herp vet, or even a vet that sees exotics? What exactly did the vet say was wrong with Tristan...did the vet believe it was a fungus?

Dawn

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im sorry is my message came accross angry in anyway bout the mistreating statement. I just dont want to be kicked from the site or have any1 thinking badly of me. I do appreciate all the help sincerely.

The vet i went to does see exotics but he is not too familiar with beardies. he deals more so with larger reptiles in the local zoos and wildlife establishments. He said it appeared to be fungal so he recommended the antifungal treatment. I hope it isnt doing any harm to him if the problem isnt fungal.

3 days on the cream now but it doesnt appear to be making a huge difference? i wonder could it have been due to his shed being stuck to the wall?

wizbee

Juvie Member
Also, in that one picture it looks like some circle shaped spot on his back, is that a sore? It just doesn't look like any yellow fungus photo I've ever seen.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh gee I am sorry in no way did I mean to imply that you were in any way mistreating your beardie so please dont think that.The reason why I asked is simply because I dont think its a fungus.I am not a vet so I will not speak in absolute.I did notice something you said in previous post about your GF possibly helping remove the shed?I am thinking what may have happened here(which could have been caused with or without pulling the shed)is that his top layer of scales came off with the last shed.As to why I am not exactly sure but it can generally happen if they are needing more vitamins/calcium or from an infection or yes possibly if the shed is pulled off to soon.If this is the case he will not die from it but his scales may never come back completely normal.With all that said it wouldnt hurt to continue to treat him with an antifungal just in case thats what it is.Remeber we are looking at pictures of him not the real animal so your vet may be seeing something that we just cant in the photos.Again I am sorry if you mistook my statement and you dont need worry about being removed from the forum.I promise you that will not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom