discoloration on moulth

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
There is no "stupid" question!!! I feel dumb asking certain questions sometimes, but we're all here to help each other :mrgreen: My Crash & Xena get lazy & don't eat a lot when the shed is hitting, so for some dragons that's "normal". Try gently rubbing that spot on the tip of his mouth -- does it feel a little hard? If so, that's what Crash's does, too. It almost looks like his mouth is crusty right before his lets loose (like it's plastic-y or someone dipped his snout in a hardened substance)

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
it's on the approved list, but only occassionally (leave them raw) ... if you want to see a fantastic list of good foods for a healthy beardie:
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
Veronica has it all color-coded and everything... the green colored foods on the list are good for daily "core salad" like mustard greens, collard greens, butternut squash, turnip greens, etc.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I don't know about the leaf fluff -- I'd ask one of the moderators on that part, I read the list as the actual radish?

I know mine have been feasting on my dahlia and daylilies lately... Not sure what I'll do when they eat them all!

chelchelchick

Original Poster
ok so I made a big salad for him with radish shreds, radish leaves, kale, carrot shreds, and cilantro. As soon as he saw it he went for it but my friend startled him before he got a third bite. He's sleeping now he had a couple crickets b4 he went to bed. He doesnt poop too often how often should an 11 month old poop? He's also really hard to handle. Like he doesn't like being picked up and I try everyday but his nails scratch me and make me bleed and his spikes even draw some blood sometimes because he freaks out and his whole body like blimps up and makes his spikes sharper it seems. I could get gloves but hes still hard to hold cuz he wiggles and when other people hold him he hisses at them. But I like that cuz at least I know he likes me a little cuz he never hisses at me.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Putting your hand down at his level but on the far side of the tank and then slowly moving it towards him is usually the best way with a skittish dragon. A piece of food held out for them doesn't hurt either. If they freak out before you ever even pick them up, don't chase them around, just let it go and try again some other time. Priss still doesn't really like being held in my hands even after 9 months, so as soon as I take her out I put her on my chest with a hand cupped over her back and she seems to like having something firm under all her feet and belly. A lot of people advise putting a piece of your (worn & unwashed) clothing in their cage so they get used to your scent in a non-threatening way.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello again,

We need to try and get your temps down for your beardies sake. So you have a 125W Solar Glo, which is an mvb(mercury vapor bulb), plus you have an ordinary household bulb, correct? Okay...with that size tank and your room being 87 degrees, you do not need that extra bulb on in his tank. All you need is the Solar Glo mvb and that needs to be raised to get your temps down. 10" is way too close for an mvb, like Tracie mentioned you need to have a minimum distance of 16" from bulb tip to beardie with that particular light.
Unfortunately, your beardie is going to get dehydrated if his coolside temps are not brought down. With the coolside being 90+ he simply has no way too regulate his body temperature and cool himself off. It is extremely important that you get that coolside temp down.

Do you always have the extra bulb on? Was it on when you took the temps that you mentioned? If it was on, then the solution would be to turn it off and lower your basking spot to the minimum distance of 16".

When you take the temps on the basking side with your temp gun, are you aiming it directly on the basking spot under the light?

I noticed another light fixture on your screen top, what is that one for?

You mentioned your little guy has been a bit lazy and his appetite is off. This could be because of him shedding and possibly overheating also. I would recommend bathing him at least every few days. Have you bathed him in the last few days? Did he seem any better following his bath?

I almost forgot to mention that the mvb's need changing every 12 months(not 6 months). So yours is still good for another 6 mos. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom