Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Sue! for some reason I got unsubscribed from your thread GRR!

I just finished reading the last 3 pages and it seems things are finally getting better again. Keeping you and Dino in our thoughts- sending lots of healthy vibes her way.

Also WAY TO GO!!- you both really are the bravest duo ever!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OH! Hey Kalyn! I'll bet a lot happened on those 3 pages, huh?! Welcome back and thank you for sending us healthy vibes! :love5:
Well, to update everyone, she seems to be doing okay and I think she's getting better! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: Been globbing SSD cream on all those raw areas daily. Still giving her the oral med. She's been on it for 20 days now. It's almost getting "easy" at this point to give it to her or she's just not fighting as hard as she was before. She's gained weight. Last vet visit they weighed her in at 380. I weighed her tonight and she's 397! I was feeding her Beardie Bites for juveniles in the morning for a while. It's more ground up so, I figured it might be easier for her to eat with her mouth being such a mess. I don't have the box but, I'm wondering if maybe there was more fat content in those vs. the adult one. She's back on the adult one now. Her mouth is in much better shape with the lesions/scabs off of her lips. She can open it much easier now to chew. She's also more eager to eat her Supers once again. :D When I got home tonight, I found a piece of scab on her ramp. I don't know how it came off but, it was from an area that SSD cream had been on and turned gray on the "not so bad side", or the right. Pink underneath and not raw! Things are lookin' better! We still have a long way to go, but, for right now, I think things are starting to turn around! :blob5: :blob8: All those healthy vibes, well wishes and prayers for my little Dino girl must be workin'!! Keep 'em going PLEEEASE!
Thank you all for your support. You've all helped me through this more than you know. I can never thank you enough for caring about her and posting your kind words of encouragement. It's really helped me push through those tough days with Dino. Every word, every wish, every prayer, all of it, I'm eternally grateful for all of them. Thanks guys. :love5:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Dino looks so much better with the debridment. His little face looks to me like its gonna heal just fine since its already turning white in some spots. You are doing a great job with him, I dont think I would have been able to do what you are doing for him. Hes got a wonderful mommy/nursemaid!

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Once she gets over the fungus, she may not be pretty in the eyes of others, but to you, Sue, she will be the most beautiful creature in the world, because you put all that love, time, and effort into making her better. :D (And I'm sure she will feel the love back:)

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
I have been following this post daily and glad to see that it seems as if things are FINALLY turning around for you! great job and she is a gorgeous beardie period.

HappiDragon

Hatchling Member
So so so happy to heard Dino's doing better, your doing a fantastic job, sending continous healing vibes your way girl.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

She is doing so well, what a little trooper she is. I can't believe she is gaining weight, too.
She is so lucky to have you helping her through this time. It sounds like she is improving now if her skin is looking better underneath.

Keep us posted on Dino!

Tracie

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Still pulling for you and Dino...I just know hes gonna be ok...the skin looks nice and pink and healthy..you have done such a wonderful job with him. Sorry if its a her. HE will always be a good looking dragon..even with his scars..we all know what he went thru to get this far..hes got the heart of a fighter and so do you.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tonja! :love5: Dino's a girl, by the way. :lol: We picked a boy name then ended up with a girl & my son didn't wanna change her name so: Dino the Girl...same thing happended with our first beardie Spike; hence my Screen name. I don't get all wigged out about whether people get it right or not, but since you "kind of" asked, I thought I'd just let you know! :wink:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Ok so HER from now on lol. I use he as a generic cause I cant remember what dragon is what sex lol. Really though you have done a phenomal job with Dino. Its been a long road for her but now maybe you can see some light at the end of the long tunnel. Give her squishy hugs for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom