Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
That makes alot more since Amanda! Sue, you should try a 60 watt, maybe even less for a 29 gallon tank, and put the Reptisun 10.0 back...try that and see. What are you measuring your temps with?

I was just thinking. I wonder if you haven't defeated the respiratory problems and now may have a second infection. I have read before that when they're sick thier immune system is low and so they can pick up other issues. Has the vet done a fecal float to rule out parasites like coccidia or pinworms? I am just guessing. I sure do hope that you're dragon gets feeling better soon.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your well wishes and advice...gonna try to remember who asked what so forgive me if I miss something! (sneaking the reply at work! LOL!) You guys are all on top of it! A million thank you's!!

I measure her temps with a digital infrared thermometer. I also have a probe type. Her temps at her basking spot stays right around 92-99 depending on where she hangs out on her platform. I have papertowels at one end of the ramp to prop her up higher if she wants more heat. She tends to hang on those. I don't think too much heat is an issue. She doesn't really gape in the tank, so I'm thinking she's okay. Once her night heat timer didn't shut off and I came down later in the morning to find her gaping and really bright! LOL! I was gonna paste a pic here of the thermometer, I found it. Forgot, can't do that. It's a ReptiTemp Digital Thermometer by ZooMed. The other side of the tank has a ceramic turtle shell that she can hide under and it's about 76 or so over there. Not that far away, but there is a temp change.

I had to buy a new Reptisun fixture. The first one DIED on me. Maybe it was malfunctioning and making the bulb brighter????? Just thought of that! DUH! It was making a humming/vibrating noise. Then next morning it didn't turn on. I will go get another 10.0 bulb and see how she reacts to it in the new fixture. I returned it when I thought it was causing her stress!
I will try to take some pics of her belly later to post for you all to see! :shock: Her head is all gray, ready to shed!
TerrBear- She started the skin/fungul issue after she had already been on antibiocs 2 or 3 times via injections. I think too much antibiotic, with no probiotics wore her system down and made her susceptible to getting fungus. She did have a fecal done. She was dewormed AGAIN. She had been dewormed last year also. I think they were back due to her being boarded at THAT DAMN PLACE that gave her the mites, which, if you read my very first post, you already know that's how this whole thing started in the first place! Thank you for adding your thoughts. I appreciate everyones!

Hugs,

Sue

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Pictures! :blob5:

Top of head before here shower...all gray ready to shed:
DSCN0849.jpg

Top of her head after her shower, sheet of shed came off...nice color under there! YAY!
DSCN0858.jpg

Belly shedding: WHITE underneath!
DSCN0837.jpg

Another view of her chest where the yellow has shed off showing white!
DSCN0832.jpg

Crud cracking and peeling off her neck, looks okay underneath! Dark cuz she's still not 100% but NOT YELLOW!
DSCN0847.jpg

Don't really see much improvement here though:
DSCN0845.jpg

Black came off her toe but, it's not lookin' so good. :(
DSCN0844.jpg

In the bath so you can see her tail:
DSCN0850.jpg

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know some of you are trying to figure out her lighting/basking/temps situation, figured I'd post pics of that too:

Her favorite spot:
baskingdino.jpg

The whole tank: Depressing. :(
DSCN0863.jpg

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This is what Dino looked like March 27th, the very first pic I attempted to post of her from my facebook page:

DSCN0512.jpg

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Kelly...she does look a heck of a lot better than she did a month ago. Holy crud, Batman! :wink: Thanks for asking about my Auntie by the way...PM'ng you with the details! LOL!
MORE good Dino news....her left front black foot SHED! :blob5: I was gonna try to take a picture BUT she was pretty wiped out after the whole drink, bathe and dob with Reptaid ordeal. I don't think she felt like modeling for me. I'll try to get one tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sue

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
WOW, she looks SO much better. :p And, she must feel much better too. You have done an awesome job with her.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Diane! She does look so much better than she did a month ago. Seems like it's been F.O.R.E.V.E.R. trying to get her better! Her face is still a mess though. :( Stupid vet #1 scraped off a bunch of crust with a Q-tip and now she has sores there, especially under her eyes. They don't seem to be getting worse, just kind of staying the same. They've been there for a while. I think they're scabs that just need to fall off on their own. No oozing or wetness, kind of dry looking. I think because she was so sick and we almost lost her, that any little thing on her looks like a big thing to me! She has improved so much though. I can't wait til I can move her back in to her regular tank, still gonna be a while before I do that. She's not ready yet. Besides that, I have SO MUCH stuff all over the place right now for her...there's no room for her regular tank! LOL! Anyway, thanks for checkin' in on us!!

Hugs,

Sue

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ready for her shower & bath
DSCN0872.jpg

Here's THAT FOOT!
DSCN0869.jpg

Here's both feet! (it was her left foot that was all black before)
DSCN0870.jpg

She goes right under the water, she loves her shower!
DSCN0867.jpg

So, while I'm posting these, I hear scratching noises, I go look and find her like this! LOL!
DSCN0876.jpg

Tail... I think it's starting to lighten up a little, getting ready to shed between the black spots.
DSCN0871.jpg

Sooo during her shower, MORE stuff came off her neck. There are more sores there than I knew about though. The yellow crud was hiding them. :x I will start treating them with the Reptaid too. More came off her face around her snout too. She looks really good! I'll post more again soon!!

Hugs,

Sue

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
You have done such an amazing job with her! She just keeps on looking better. The last picture is just too funny!! Puff does the same thing..not so much now as she did when she was younger. I had a smaller dial humidity gauge and I had it stuck on the glass where she could see it / get to it when she was on top of her branch. She used to go to it like Dino, but she could get closer and wrap her arms around it..she even went to sleep like that a couple times...

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! It's been a battle but I plan on winning this war! :wink: I've almost emptied the Reptaid bottle already. I spray it all over pretty much, especially her neck, belly and vent area. I have one of those little pocket hand sanitizer sprayers that I fill with it. I put it in her bath water AND treat all the big spots with a Qtip. Plus she gets a teensy bit orally. It must taste good cuz she DOVE after the syringe last night! LOL! Gotta order MORE! Still cheaper than a vet visit! If she keeps progressing the way she is, that stuff is worth it's weight in GOLD to me! Talk soon!

Hugs,

Sue

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Sue,
You're amazing! It takes a LOT of perseverance, determination and dedication from you for her to go from how she looked on page 2 to how she looks now! :notworthy: All that yellow shedding off exposing that gorgeous creamy white tummy is just wonderful. Her left hand and tail are looking improved, too.
I can only imagine how miserably sick she must have felt and how much better she must be feeling now thanks to your excellent care. Still a ways to go but thanks to you your girl is on the right road headed in the right direction.
(((((HUGS)))))
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom