Digger died

Status
Not open for further replies.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Please say a little prayer for Digger, he has a vet appt tomorrow for 10:45AM. He has been completely white, he pooped 4 times today, there was green in the one poop, his beard sometimes is black, sometimes not, his head is suck-in, he is stumbling a little when walking today, yesterday he wasn’t stumbling, I am worried sick. :cry:

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well the blood results should be back Thursday, he gave me Flagyl for him in case he still has the runs Thursday, he doesn't want me to use it yet he would rather him poop out the worms, he thinks like I do that he can no longer digest superworms. Also he has lost muscle mass in his head and in his legs and he also lost another ounce, he weights 14 ounces now.

He is pure white still with a very black beard. He also pooped at the vet and his poop has green was grainy and there was a little blood, he didn't test it this time as he just tested it in November. He also said that when he took his blood he isn;t dehydrated.

Now I have to wait for Thursday, sigh, the vet is worried too as Digger is 8 years old and is elderly. His liver is also enlarged too.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Can I ask for a little prayer for Digger? His blood results should be back tomorrow and I am a little anxious, he didn;t want to come out of his carrier today, but I can;t blame him after getting blood taken and feeling sick.

Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Mary,

I am so sorry about Digger! :cry:
How old is he again?
Could you please try to get me a copy of the blood tests when they come in and send them to my email? That would be great if you could do that for me. Thanks.
I hope that he feels better soon too. Losing weight & getting dehydrated is no fun. I am sorry.

Tracie

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
He just turned 8 years old in January Tracie. The vet said he will call me tomorrow, so I will ask him if he can email them to me or if I can write them down.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Mary,

Ok, 8 is not too old yet. I hope Digger is feeling better soon.
What else does he eat, other than the superworms? He might just be getting to the point he can't digest them for some reason or another.
I hope the blood tests come in early, so I can take a look at them soon. Thanks!

Tracie

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

This is the first time he had superworms in a long time, the last time he had them, I think it was in early 2010 he got sick too, took him to the vet then and we thought maybe it was a bad worm, then in Nov 2010 we took him to the vet because he was the same way, only he had butterworms and he was not this bad, he passed 2 whole butterworms then. This time we thought we would try supers, but it looks like he just can't have them anymore.

All this guy will eat is butters, raspberries and baby food, he will not touch anything else. He does get liquid calcium about once every 2 weeks and he has had no problems except for this. I did take a peek at his chart when the doc left to get me the Flagyl (which I haven't used yet he didn;t go to the bathroom yesterday)and he did write down in Nov mild heptomegaly, but I do know that.

I hope he calls early too, I am anxious, thanks for asking!

discojan

Juvie Member
Aw, I hope it was just the worms....Are silkwormns or hornworms easier to digest? I know they are $$ but it would be cheaper in the end if it could prevent the vet visits and Digger's pain :)

Hope you get a good report today!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Did you hear from the vet yet?? How's Digger doing today? Is he still all white with a black beard? How had his poops been since Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom