Different types of staple grains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staygold

Hi. I haven't had my bearded dragon very long and I'm noticing during the winter her staple greens are out of season. So I have decided to start growing plants indoors. I ordered some collard greens and when they showed up they say collards Vates seeds. I have also noticed different types of other staple green seeds when I looked them up. I basically know nothing about plants.
My first question , are the Collard Vates good for a bearded dragon? Is there a specific type of collard greens I should be looking for?
I also looked up mustard greens and found Southern giant, Japanese, heirloom, Florida, Southern giant, red giant. Which one is good for a bearded dragon, or is there even a difference?
For the endive , I found green curled rufflec, emerald, and one listed as Endive and escarole. Which one should I get?
I am also planning on ordering mustard green seeds , I haven't looked it up yet, but is there a specific type I should be looking for?

And one more question. Can I use fertilizer on the plants? If yes what kind of fertilizer is safe to use?
Thank you for any help, have a great day.

Staygold

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1li7bjt3 said:
I would say no to the fertilizer --- here is a website to look for the greens I dont know if it specifies if not post back on here and we can have some others on here help you out
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Yes, I looked at that list but it doesn't tell me the specific type of staple greens, or whether all types and variations are good for a bearded dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom