Desperate!! Help Please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Georgie is a cutie and looks very good.

I noticed that you said that she hates baths. If I could make a suggestion, try putting a washcloth down in the bottom of the sink to keep her from sliding around & to help her feel more secure. That always seems to make a big difference.

tonid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi all, sorry not been around for a couple of days, my internet has been down :angry5: George went back to the vet yesterday for her second jab of Fortum and multivitamin shot. The dosage is 0.18ml every 72 hours, she has one more dose to go (does this sound ok?). She is not too bad and does seem a bit more active, she has even climbed onto her log (as seen in photos) for the first time in weeks. She has had a couple of funny episodes where she looks like she is gagging then throws her head back and lets out a big puff of air. The vet seems pleased with her though and says that her chest sounds fine and he thinks she looks a lot better. She is still not eating herself though and the vet thinks that I should cut back on the baby food so that she gets hungry and eats for herself. Before feeding her the baby food though, I amgiving her her veggies and offering live feeders, but she shows no interest. She is still maintaining her weight well. x

tonid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry Diane, didn't see your message until after I posted my last one, thanks for the tip re bathtime, I will give it a go x

tonid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My baby is basking by herself today :) She hasn't done this for ages! Moving about her viv a bit more for last day or so, hope this is a good sign as she is still not eating herself. Pooping every other day or so now :) Last dose of antibiotic tomorrow, lets hope she has turned a corner and is on her way back to her usual greedy guts smiley self x

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That IS great news. :D You must have been so happy seeing the change in him.

tonid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Everyone, it is so good to be back. I have had no phone line or internet access for nearly a week due to a fault and it has driven me crazy! I have really missed this site and the great help and advice that you all provide. Just an update on Georgie...she had her last dose of antibiotics on monday and for a day or so after she still seemed unwell, but thankfully on wednesday she seemed loads better. She is now more active and moving around the viv quite a lot and basking. Her breathing seems to have settled a lot and she seems more alert. She has started eating a little veg but still no live feeders, so I am still syringe feeding her a little baby food twice a day, but just a small amount (I am still mixing in Reptoboost). The strange thing is that she seems scared of the feeders. I have just tried her on superworms and wax worms, but when she sees them she backs away as if she is scared, its just so odd and I can't figure why she would be scared by them. Anyway the good thing is that she seems loads better, her poop seems a bit loose, but I guess by just eating the baby food it would be quite runny. Hope you are all well xx

tonid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am at a loss! Georgie is looking good now, her breathing seems to be back to normal, she is very active and alert, but she just will not eat! She is pooping every day and although only a small amount it looks good and well formed. I have cut back on baby food, just feeding her a small amount twice a day. Before feeding her the baby food, I am offering her live feeders - superworms and wax worms, but she just gets this really scared look on her face and backs away???? The vet says to stop baby food and force feed her worms, but I am not too keen on doing this as I don't see how it is helping the problem and she may just associate food with stress if i am having to force open her mouth to get it in. She has had the odd nibble on her veg, but no significant amount...any ideas???????????

tonid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry, it's me again. I've just noticed that Georgie has a dry plug in one nostril and what looks like a dry flake of skin in the corner of her eye...do you think this RI is still kicking around, surely not are all these antibiotics???? As said in previous post, she seems much better in herself apart from the not eating.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Toni!

First off you should never really force feed a beardie it's best to just try and entice them if possible anyway you can. Try rubbing the worm on her lips at the side of her face. I find this helps with Zak-n-Wheezie. Causes some kind of stimulations that will get them to open their mouths and then I can just plop the food in.

The dry plug you see is just shed....this is good. :wink:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I agree with Barb I would just continue the baby food sometimes it takes time for them to really get their real appetite back but force feeding wax worms is just not a good idea.The nose plug is just shed so dont worry,it actually sounds like she is on the mend. :D

tonid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Panic over...on closer inspection, the nose plug was dried baby food! Haha x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom