Definitely getting separated

Status
Not open for further replies.

hicksorganics

Hatchling Member
Hey guys,

I'm making this post not because I don't understand why Splicky n Jabba need to be separated, but I'm more struggling to understand how they got along without killing each other for like 2 years?!?! They were in a much smaller tank, looked like a 40B for two fully grown dragons!

The aggression I saw this morning scares me, much more than the first day or two when they looked like they might have a simple snitfit.

Gail

BD.org Addict
It could simply be that they reached their breaking point. I took in a rescue who had been housed with another male for 4 years until he attacked his cage mate who ultimately died from his injuries.

hicksorganics

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's so sad. I wish everyone would come here to get informed about how to take care of these little gaffers PROPERLY.

I'm so happy it's saturday, if it wasn't I might not have been here to see it and been unawares...or worse.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
In most those cases, the animals only tolerated each other. I like to describe it as living with nightmare roommate and are struggling to be civil. They are territorial, see everything as belonging to them and only them and don't want to share. The roomie keeps keeps siting in his chair, eats his food, etc. In situations like that, one can only remain polite.

hicksorganics

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahhhhhhh ok that makes a lot of sense! She's the salad connisseur (sp?) and he just wants feeders, but eats some salad. When this happened this morning she came over from the cool side where he was half in the basking area, half in his wooden arch. He came out right away and went at her.

ocrage

Hatchling Member
so why weren't they ever separated when you knew they should have been? especially in such a small tank? or are you leaving out something...

Jess

Extreme Poster
From what I understand from reading previous posts, the OP just adopted them as a pair, and had just moved them to a 7ft viv together. :wink:

ocrage

Hatchling Member
ahh that makes sense. i didnt read any other posts just the OP in this thread. still should probably separated them though. good to hear they are in a good home though.

hicksorganics

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You got 'er Jess. This is their fourth morning with me, they've been pretty good so far, only minor signs of 'This is mine, and this is mine' lol. part of the reason it didn't seem urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom