Custom Build Tanks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallenSD

Thank You Chi. I like working with wood and ever since I got Rocky I wanted to build him something that would be a nice piece of furniture that I could move into the livingroom (he loves watching ppl. move around). My wife and kids are trying to get me to build and sell them....lol. I'm going to build a cabinat to go under it to match so I can put all his supplies in it. I will post some pics. of it when I'm finished. I thank everyone for the compliments on the habitat, I really appreciate them. I'm new to the site and it is nice to meet such nice ppl on here.

Fuzzy

Wallensd,
Very nice viv. On the front pull down door did you use glass? What are the dimensions? What type of wood did you use? I finished one about 2 weekends ago, 4'x2'x2' w'sliding 1/4" glass doors. I used a mix of plywood grade A 1/2" (sides and top) MFD 5/8" for( back and bottom), along with tile in bottom. Im going to build another one to prepare for next dragon. It will be stacked on first on with a bottom shelving unit on coasters to make it easier to move.

ChiTownns

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No problem I am new too and I do agree with you that this web site is full of good people and people you can get advice from. But yeah I bet your tank is going to look sharp with the stand lol I wish you lived around me lol so you can build me one but yea. :blob5:

binger

Hatchling Member
WallenSD":43dfa said:
Heres one that I came up with. Hope it will give you some ideas.

That is absolutely amazing!!!

Question for you... what's the lighting situation up top? I see several fixtures, but can't see what they are. (If I ever get around to building something that complex, I'll need all the advice I can get!)

WallenSD

Thank You Fuzzy, The ends and door are glass set in gooves with clear none silicone caulk for stability (door has piano hinge and two spring style cabinat latches). The size of the habitat is 18"Dx22"Tx48"L not counting the trim. The wood is Pondarosa Pine (strong, but light weight). Stained in Early American Stain w/ 5 coats of poly. I let it cure for one week to make sure it was dry. Rocky doesn't bite things but does like to lick so it has to be cured. The back is 1/4" luan and the bottom is 1/2" furniture grade plywood covered in square edged Vinyl tile w/ same caulk around edges and where they meet together to water proof it. I have put eight 1/4"x1 1/2" felt pads on the bottom to sit it on. The top is removealbe screen w/ Pondarosa frame and center support. I use crushed wallnut shells for substraight, good for Dragon and easier to clean then sand (not dusty at all). Yours sounds nice Fuzzy, I would like to see some pics. when you can.
binger, thank you also for your comments. I am a big fan of Dome Ceramic lighting I guess because they give more direct light where you want it. I have five total with flip switches I installed to make it easier to switch the lights w/o messing with the plugs. Some come with switches already on them. For daytime on the right over his driftwood where he basks I have a lg. (8") dome with a 150w basking light and a lg. dome w/ his UVB light. It keeps it a nice 95 degrees on that end (where he spends most of his time...lol). and on the other I have a lg. dome w/ a 60w house bulb (mainly for lighting, too dark w/o anything there) witch keeps that end at around 79/80 degrees. For night time on the left I have a sm. (5", I think) dome w/ a 50w black moon light and on the left I have a lg. dome w/ a 75w black moon light which keeps it a nice 85 degrees at night here. He love the moon lights, when I switch the lights he heads down to the bottom and digs him a little dip and he is gone...lol. I'll take some pics. of the top and post them today. Not sure if you can tell but I built him a new hide in the center because he has out grown the logs....lol. I really appreciate all your comments and am glad to answer any questions anyone may have. Everyone Have A Great Day!!!!!

WallenSD

Thank you Chi, I'm getting ready to go in and have my 12th back surgery now but I hope to build it when I can get around again. I'll post some pics. when I finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom