Could this make a good slurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragons don't like to each pellets much at all... sometimes you can trick them into it by feeding a fruit then a chunk of moist mashed pellets and then repeat but they don't want to eat them much at all. I have never needed to make a slurry for immediate health rejuvenation but i was thinking of making them a snack/ treat slurry with some baby food, calcium, vitamin c, possibly soy yogurt if found necessary, and I would like to put mashed pellets in it as well because they are just going to waste and we have tried many different kinds so we have about 4 containers of pellets. Most of these are juvenile pellets since we never needed to get more as they grew because they never ate them. We currently have 3 bearded dragons, mine, my boyfriends, and the one we share which is the newest baby. My Kovu is almost full grown and my boyfriend's is almost as big as Kovu and the baby is itty-bitty. Kovu has been slacking on eating lately..some days he will eat more then a few items other days he has one or 2 roaches then finds something else to do like sleep...i think it is just because it is winter and i have read about decrease in appetite but he never did really go into real brumation though there was a week where he just slept so it was really short if it was it. But he has been slimming up and my boyfriend's Jazmin has quite the belly on her and she has quite the appetite as well so i'm not too worried about her. The little one of course doesn't have much of a belly at all being so small but the little finger hugger could use some weight, you know? Anyways does this type of slurry seem like a good or bad idea if it is pretty much just for a snack of filler between feedings instead of home made medicine like most slurries are?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I think the bigger dragons are probably going into brumation or slow down mode like you mentioned. As for the slurries, I think they could be useful occasionally and it would be good to add greens to the mix for extra nutritional value. My beardies never cared much for the pellets either, so I end up feeding them moist to the crickets along with greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom