Constipated beardie with danger of egg binding

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is the thing:

A while back i posted on beardie er (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=233499) about my female bearded dragon. I won't go into much detail here but the problem is that since then she has not pooped and every day that passes i get more worried.
She still has the eggs inside her but she is acting as if everything is fine. Should i be worried or should i trust her?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can give her some natural laxatives [ that's all that a vet would do, but it would be chemical laxatives ] They may also do an enema which is very stressful, potentially harmful [ can kill a lizard ] and is a last resort when a month or more goes by , and even then other methods can work besides an enema . Try some applesauce, baby food squash, prunes or peas, along with 1/4 tsp. of veg.oil or raw honey. And I forgot to mention but PLEASE get rid of the wood chips or any loose flooring. THAT may cause impaction, get rid of it ASAP. Pet stores do not realize that stuff is no good for beardies. Those of us who have raised dragons for many years are experts and we know these tips, pet stores are not experts in the care of almost any of the reptiles they keep.

Have you been able to get her out in the sun ? That can induce a bowel movement, as well as an extra warm 10 minute bath. Do all of those things and she should go any day now. Some adults will get constipated [ not truly impacted ] and may take 3 weeks to go. It happens on here quite often, but they always go. Then just add more fiber or a bit of the natural laxatives I mentioned to her diet once a week.

MrNutbutters

Original Poster
Thank AHBD, she has now officialy pooped.

I did research the matter and i was giving her baths sun and reasons to move around a.k.a. letting her explore outside of the viv a ton

The eggs are still in there but she shows no sign of a problem, she isn't trying to dig or anything and is generally very active exploring EVERYTHING.

I am going to get her a fresh batch of coconut shell dirt to dig in if she doesn't dig the one provided but i think she will be fine.

If she shows any sign of binding i will get her to the vet though.

Thank you again you have been very helpfull

Sincerely, a less worried beardie owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom