Colored Lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepard

I've done some reading on coloured lights and I've heard everything from good to bad.

To elaborate, some people claim that the dim light simulates the moon's light adding for a more realistic enclosure. Others claim that the light isn't natural and after extended periods of use, the reptiles' immune system functioning suffers due to a lack of complete sleep.

Does anyone have FIRST-HAND evidence or experience relating to the effects of colored lights? Benefits or malignance?

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Hello~

There are many people who have those moon light bulbs, from what I have read without fail they end up getting some sort of problems later down the line. I had a red heat bulb that came with Judah and his enclosure when we first started out. Many people have said beardies can not see the color red, I say bs. At frist it didn't seem to bother him he slept soundly, but as he got a few months older, then it started keeping him up at night. Id coem into the room and hed be "sleeping" so I thought, but then hed hear me and wake up, or open his eyes anyway. Then he started gettinh really sluggish durring the day and wanted to sleep in or sleep more offten. So I switched to a ceramic heat emitter for 24-7 heat and it was like night and day. He has way more energy durring the day, and he doesn't wake up at night anymore. Even if i pick him up and move him around, he is "dead to the world".

Also, just FYI beardies dont need "moonlight" they are not nocturnal. In their natural habitat beardies usully burrow, find a cave under rocks or sleep under something at night. Unfortunatley the real issue with colored heat bulbs, is that they have lower levels of inferred heat than the ceramic heat emitters, so they don't penitrate as well. The ceramic heat emiters have high levels of inferred which better penitrate the bones and cause better digestion and over all health of your dragon. If you ask the pros on here, how have had beardies for years, they will tell you that colored heat bulbs are not the way to go. CHE just cause a healthier beardie.

Hope this helps you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom