Cinnamon's Mommy got a Brand New Baby UPDATE: PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustwst

Yay!!! I knew you'd get another one! I always swear, if anything happens to Samson, I'm done. ...but, I'm totally lying! Congrats! They grow pretty fast when you get them that small!

msmaui

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh no. Here we go again. The baby isn't eating! He's eaten 1 cricket today. If I remember correctly, he just ate one yesterday also. He has never touched one bite of greens or veggies. Nor will he even lick off the water that I drip on his nose when he has a bath. I tried dripping apple juice on his mouth but no luck. He looks fatter and he has gone poo every day but he's still 5" long. Should I do something else? His temps are 105.8 and 78.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, is he active? Do his eyes look bright? It's possible that he could be getting ready to shed which can affect their appetites. Babies sometimes don't show any interest in greens until several months old. So, it's just yesterday and today that he hasn't eaten much?

msmaui

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":add71 said:
Hi, is he active? Do his eyes look bright? It's possible that he could be getting ready to shed which can affect their appetites. Babies sometimes don't show any interest in greens until several months old. So, it's just yesterday and today that he hasn't eaten much?

Hi Diamc:
Yes, he's active and his eyes look bright (I guess). Last night he had a tiny bit of shed on the end of his tail and it looks like there might be a little around the edge of his mouth. I believe it was day before yesterday that he ate 7 crickets for dinner and the night before that he ate 12 (the most he's ever eaten at once). He will usually just eat once a day, whether it's breakfast or dinner.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as he's active and not lethargic, I wouldn't be concerned at this point. Is he pooping at least once a day? If does sound like the shedding may be affecting the appetite, you might want to try handfeeding tomorrow and see how that goes. Is he basking good on his own?

msmaui

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay. Maybe it's just the shedding, even though it's sure not very much. He is going poo every day and I've tried hand feeding. No luck. Even though I accidentally almost fried him today trying out a new lightbulb, I'm going to leave well enough alone. Thank you. I'm still very paranoid about something happening to him. And yes, he's basking.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
msmaui":5f4e4 said:
Okay. Maybe it's just the shedding, even though it's sure not very much. He is going poo every day and I've tried hand feeding. No luck. Even though I accidentally almost fried him today trying out a new lightbulb, I'm going to leave well enough alone. Thank you. I'm still very paranoid about something happening to him. And yes, he's basking.

I understand your paranoia completely. I never really had a small baby and when Zoom Zoom decided to eat one piece of collards and 7 small phoenix worms, you tend to wonder if something is wrong, especially if the next day is filled with just as much food intake and no more. What helped me is that I took a picture of her sitting on my remote and compared it with the one I'd taken a couple of days after we got her and noticed that her body covered the remote completely instead of the little bit in the previous pic.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Had you been adjusting the temps and/or moving things around in his tank about the time that the decline in eating occurred? It doesn't take much of a change to cause babies to stress out a little.

I also wanted to mention that babies VERY rarely only shed a small area at a time, usually is a full body shed, so there may very well be some larger areas that will be showing signs of shedding soon. If you wanted to, you could increase the bathing to 2 times a day as that may help make him more relaxed & perhaps even you too.

Does the poo look normal with a small soft urate and a small formed brown area and not real smelly?

msmaui

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie Parents: I remember seeing those pictures when you posted them. They were adorable and he had definitely grown a lot!

Diamc: I have already been giving him 2 baths a day. :p No wonder he doesn't eat. I won't leave him alone long enough. :lol: His poos seem normal. Sometimes I don't find it for a while and by then the lights have dried it out but when I've found it right away it seems fine. He's arm waving right now. It's so cute when they do that. He does it every night after dinner.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, the armwaving, that surely is adorable. :love5: Sounds like you're doing everything perfectly. Let us know how he is doing tomorrow, ok? One thing you might want to consider is ordering some worms for him like phoenix, small silkies or small hornworms. He may very well like having a small variety, just a suggestion. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
msmaui":40873 said:
I didn't know if he was old enough for worms. Samson died. That's sooo sad.
augustwst, I didn't know Samson died, I'm SO sorry. :(

msmaui, how is your little guy doing today, hope he ate a little for you today.

msmaui

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi,

He wouldn't eat any crickets this morning so I found a reptile store that had Phoenix worms. I was really surprised I found some without ordering them. He ate 12 small ones about an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom