Cheapest web store to buy waxworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
You talking bulk or just a few?
Premium crickets sells cups of 35 (I think) for cheap, and if you are ordering other stuff with them, the shipping wouldn't be outrageous.
Last I checked, Mulberryfarms.com sells them in bulk for a good price, although I don't remember what they cost.

Waxworms aren't very popular, since they aren't good for your beardie.

cjzshartzer

Original Poster
Yeah, I am having a hard time with my 3.5 month old female I recieved yesterday. She is highly small for her age (7 inches) but when she came in I got her to take water from a dropper and to eat a superworm that I cut up. gross. Today all I got her to eat/drink was squash baby food. I even bought mini crickets and offered live and a fresh killed one to her. I offered a tiny cricket alone and it freaked her out. I thought waxworms would help since crickets carry parasites, mealworms are no nutrition and supers cause impaction. Waxworms are too large, too. I may just try greens and baby food until I find a right combo. She is a doll though. She always want to be held. When I walk in the room she comes to the glass and "scratches". I named her Onya. I hope to do her well!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I would give phoenix worms a shot. They are small and wiggly, and packed with calcium. Butter worms are good for putting on weight, too. I would give her a few more days to acclimate to her new environment before worrying too much about her eating habits. With good husbandry, her appetite will increase rapidly.

cjzshartzer

Original Poster
Yeah, I have to find a good link for pheonix worms. Local pet stores are aweful on thier worms so I am trying to order from websites that you can get in bulk. She is a sweetie though. I just want the best for her. I have started a website karmadragons.webs.com. I will add her pic in the next day or two. My male went from 12.5 inches in mid feb. to 16 as of may 1st! I know I have it in me to bulk her up. I just need some more pointers! Thanks so much everyone!

cjzshartzer

Original Poster
I actually got her to eat a superworm that i cut up. I choose freshly shed supers so there is no fear of impaction. She is so tiny. So far she eats one 1.5 inch super a day with greens and baby food. This is going to be a challenge but she is worth it!

You might want to try Silkworms, too. Highly nutritious and digestible and you can get small ones. Since you also have at least one other bigger dragon, if the silkies get too big for your baby dragon you can just feed them to the bigger one. I use Coastal Silkworms but Mulberry Farms has a good reputation as well.

Edit to add: I got a kit from waxwormkit.com and, Holy Crap!!! I must have 5,000 baby waxworms in that thing now. I'll probably wind up putting most of them out in the bird feeder, lol. But if you ever want to get A LOT of waxworms, try one of their kits.

cjzshartzer

Original Poster
cool. i have that website on my favorities. i wan't sure in on how quick they breed. i am beeding superworms and it has been a month and i have 14 pupas, some closer to beetles and some as starter pupas. supers apparently take a long time. i feed my dragons freshly shed supers without the hard exo skeleton. my new baby is a runt at 3.5 months old and 7 inches. i purchased her a week ago and so far she has got up to 3 worms in one day. she will take some time but will be a beast of a dragon when she gets to her size. thanks so much for the help everyone. i have to buy a waxworm kit now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom