Charmeleon's photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shqiptar

First pic is Charmeleon showing off his sexy leg.

wUstCdE.jpg

Second pic, looks like his head will be shedding soon. Hopefully he sheds into a bright colored adult! If not I'll still love him of course. :lol:

BzrqEEo.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor sheddy head. He has several sheds left to go before adulthood so it's tough to tell what his colors will wind up being. He's a good looking dragon either way.

Shqiptar

Original Poster
CooperDragon":395uzmgk said:
Poor sheddy head. He has several sheds left to go before adulthood so it's tough to tell what his colors will wind up being. He's a good looking dragon either way.

Yeah, he makes me nervous, been two weeks since I got him and he only eats once a day and today he didn't eat at all. Temps are all good, I think he is still nervous, a lot of activity in my room he may just not be used to yet. Other than that all is great, alert, active, poops good, lets me pick him up and pet him for a bit.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sheds can put them off of food for a while sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep offering and he'll take food again when he stops this shed most likely.

Shqiptar

Original Poster
CooperDragon":37s04fvu said:
Sheds can put them off of food for a while sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep offering and he'll take food again when he stops this shed most likely.

Thanks for the assurance!

I am just eagerly waiting for the day he starts eating more than once a day! My wallet won't be too happy though :lol:

Here is Charmeleon a few days ago, he decided to sleep on his hide/basking spot.

hKA8IXX.jpg

Here is Charmeleon doin the sexy leg a few days ago.

GXwR6Ee.jpg

Shqiptar

Original Poster
I got a new home for Charmeleon. Found it on Craig's List for 200 dollars. Just have to clean it (and possibly seal it, I am pretty sure it is pine). The owner claimed to have had no problems with his Beardie in it, but I will take no risks with Charmeleon! Not pictured is the tile it came with for Charmeleon's floor.

F12nxy7.jpg

pufZ0PY.jpg

Also today Charmeleon about 40 crickets and a couple wax worms. Very happy about that!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are the dimensions of the enclosure? Does it have any vents in it? I would definitely give it a quick sand down and finish it with a coat or two of Polycrilic.

Shqiptar

Original Poster
It's 5'x20"x20"

It is open on the top, covered by metal wire mesh. So it has good ventilation.

Yeah I plan to sand down and give it a couple coats.

I was going to build my own but I am very busy with grad school so the extra 50 or so to have it already made is well worth it!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah definitely. That's a really good size too. Stick a T5 UVB light on top, a couple of 100w(ish) domes on one end for a basking area (depending on temperature of course), build a basking area up about 12-18'' or so and you should be in business!

Shqiptar

Original Poster
I had to edit it, I just measured, it's five feet long, 20 inches high and 20 inches "deep". Is that still okay? I know the recommended is 4'x2'x2'. If need be I have the tools to make it 5'x2'x2'. What do you think?

Thanks for the ideas! Hopefully this will be ready in a few weeks. Charmeleon is only 8 inches (he has grown 2 inches so far!) so he has a little time.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's fine. I get away with one 18'' tall and wide but I wouldn't go smaller than that.

Shqiptar

Original Poster
Charmeleon going through his shed a few days ago!

fyb13E5.jpg

2GgLPkx.jpg

aVsP7vW.jpg

His tail is now starting to shed again. He's growing very big!

Shqiptar

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1f9dpqdi said:
That's quite the explosive shed! I'm sure he'll be glad to have that one behind him.

Yup! Sadly, he is getting no shed rest. His tail is shedding again!

tm3C0TO.jpg

He's been agitated lately for obvious reason. Bit my finger this morning when I went to pick him up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom