Charlie climbed the stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in our new house Charlie is downstairs. We have a 3 level split, so to go downstairs is 7 steps, you go upstairs to the bedrooms is 7 steps. Anyway, the main floor is where the main living area is. The downstairs and downstairs steps have industrial carpeting.

I came out to the kitchen to get a coffee and this is what I see
87171-9894468882.jpg

LOL Charlie has finally figured out how to get over that last step and onto the main floor. Oie! I'm gonna need to set up a warm space for him up here now lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stick a little GPS tracker on him :lol:

Even with more space available, I've found that they tend to plop in the same few spots over time so he's likely to find some favorites and stick to them.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
LOL a GPS isn't a bad idea!

Yes, one of his favourite spots is right under his enclosure...which is great, but the advent of him discovering he can make it up here...oie!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
How about one of those mesh panel baby gates at the bottom of the steps? Or top? ? Not the wooden accordion type but the sliding and locking panels.
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
NBGwen":vo2dzls3 said:
I know it's meant TIC, but realistically (I got into geocaching a couple years ago) without significant capital expenditure (super-expensive equipment) the best we can do is about 3-4 meters horizontally (IME more like 10 meters with consumer receivers); indoors or around buildings & trees is worse, and vertically is far worse. Just sayin'... :lol:

Practically speaking, you could probably tell if he's in the house or not--but that may be enough! :laughing6:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
DragonPete":3ic6xwfk said:
How about one of those mesh panel baby gates at the bottom of the steps? Or top? ? Not the wooden accordion type but the sliding and locking panels.
-Dee

That's actually not a bad idea. I have been hoping to put something there anyway, as I also have birds...one of whom loves to fly up the stairs *facepalm* I then have to play capture Pi (he's a budgie). My parrotlet just sits on me...lol

MrSpectrum":3ic6xwfk said:
NBGwen":3ic6xwfk said:
I know it's meant TIC, but realistically (I got into geocaching a couple years ago) without significant capital expenditure (super-expensive equipment) the best we can do is about 3-4 meters horizontally (IME more like 10 meters with consumer receivers); indoors or around buildings & trees is worse, and vertically is far worse. Just sayin'... :lol:

Practically speaking, you could probably tell if he's in the house or not--but that may be enough! :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think putting something to prevent him from climbing the steps will suffice lol

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
DragonPete":882l88c9 said:
WHAT?!? Oh! SITS on you, sorry I misread. Was stunned for a minute.?
-Dee

??? well, she does do THAT occasionally too ???

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
DragonPete":2esv0e90 said:
Better a parrot[let] than a beardie! Whew....! :roll:

That's the reason DW has forgone having a bird her whole life (despite my willingness). She doesn't want/won't have anything that doesn't "go" outside (or in an enclosure :D )!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
MrSpectrum":3j0gy6xw said:
DragonPete":3j0gy6xw said:
Better a parrot[let] than a beardie! Whew....! :roll:

That's the reason DW has forgone having a bird her whole life (despite my willingness). She doesn't want/won't have anything that doesn't "go" outside (or in an enclosure :D )!
I agree with your DW wholeheartedly. ?
-Dee

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
LOL There is SO MUCH POOP! It's amazing how much budgies and parrotlets can push out...I had an Indian Ringneck for a bit (didn't work out as she got too jealous of my little ones and would try to attack them)...her pooh was so freaking big...

Charlie doesn't go that much...thank goodness!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
NBGwen":27fs88u5 said:
LOL There is SO MUCH POOP! It's amazing how much budgies and parrotlets can push out...I had an Indian Ringneck for a bit (didn't work out as she got too jealous of my little ones and would try to attack them)...her pooh was so freaking big...

Charlie doesn't go that much...thank goodness!

I hear ya! I love birds but have no desire to be the housekeeper for them. My cousin and DH enclosed their their garage for the birds and she had to clean and mop every day. Birds would put their bellies on the cage and shoot poo across the room! Only funny if you don't have to do the cleaning. LOL! They had big cages too, 4 x 4, 6 foot tall plus outside perches. No thanks. Too much upkeep for me!
-Dee

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
NBGwen":1e3pk5fr said:
DragonPete":1e3pk5fr said:
-Dee

That's actually not a bad idea. I have been hoping to put something there anyway, as I also have birds...one of whom loves to fly up the stairs *facepalm* I then have to play capture Pi (he's a budgie). My parrotlet just sits on me...lol

MrSpectrum":1e3pk5fr said:
NBGwen":1e3pk5fr said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think putting something to prevent him from climbing the steps will suffice lol
I have birds as well, and I don't know if this works for you, but I hung long window curtains over the doorways from their room that don't have doors, and just keep them tied back, but down when the birds are out. That keeps them in the room and still allows them to fly if they want to. ?

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
That's exactly what I plan to do!!! The opening would not fit a door, curtains are the only way to work it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom