Chaos *6/29 Bath Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how many people will read/look at this, but after seeing how people use just 1 thread for all their beardie pics I decided to steal the idea and use it too. :p Seems to me life will be much easier.

I was going thru pics and I can't believe how much my little Chaos has grown and changed since I got him n May, he was 6ish weeks old then....
100_0787-1.jpg

And just today....
100_1429.jpg

He doesn't even look like the same beardie that I brought home. I had no idea when I bought him that he would grow so quiclky or change so drastically.

He has posed for numerous pictures since I brought him home. Some taken by me....
100_0886.jpg

100_0894.jpg

And some taken by my daughter....
100_0909.jpg

100_0926.jpg

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I love taking pics outside. I was trying to get a few shots that may be worthy enough for the calandar...I'm not sure if they are but I think I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Jen

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Freeie":7f898 said:
Oh they are just beautiful! I love the pic where hes looking up at something.

I have no clue what he "thought" he saw in that pic....he is a little weird. :D

Jen

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lucy has spent the last month in a tiny 20 gallon long where she waited, and waited for her daddy and I to finish her "big girl viv" She seems to be pleased with it so far. She looks so tiny in it. Don't mind Lucy, she's shedding.

100_1501.jpg

100_1505.jpg

100_1507.jpg

100_1508.jpg

Now can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I have a good camera, so I know that the sucky pictures are all my fault. HELP :banghead: It almost looks like the lens is dirty. Is that possible? The pics of my kids turn out great see...
100_1463.jpg

Any suggestions?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Look at the lens and see if their are smudge marks! Also look at your settings and see if they are on macro setting or on daytime! Great looking viv! :wink:

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":58ea9 said:
No idea on the camera, but the viv looks great!

Thanks Tom. I was so worried that Lucy would stress, she seems to stress with the tiniest change, but she hasn't yet so I think she is good.
Twobeardieguy":58ea9 said:
Look at the lens and see if their are smudge marks! Also look at your settings and see if they are on macro setting or on daytime! Great looking viv! :wink:

I know that macro is for little stuff....would I want to use that setting to get pics of these guys? Do I want it on daytime settings? My camera has a bunch of perset stuff like for night, portriat, snow, action, fireworks...the list goes on and on. Maybe I need to take a class on how to use the darn thing! :oops:

Backlash

Hatchling Member
The macro setting is basically for anything that you are getting really close to, like a couple inches from the camera lens to the subject. It basically helps the camera focus on something that close. As for why the picture looks so bad, the reason is you have two different kind of lights in there, the flourescant and then the incandescant basking light. Each light gives off a color that usually only cameras will see, so when you are taking the picture the camera doesnt know what to correct for, most likely it is trying to correct for the flourescant light and that is why the picture is yellow, because the incandescant light was not corrected for. lol Its kind of hard to explain, but that is my understanding of it all

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Sean, that makes sense about the lighting. So I guess that the best fix would be to turn off the tube while I'm taking pics. Right?

Backlash

Hatchling Member
i would most likely turn the basking light off, you want to keep the bulb that gives off the most light on so theres enough light for the camera and since the basking light will most likely only brighten one area, it wont do very good for the camera.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hey Jen~
I love the new viv! I wish I could get my hubby to build something for ours (truth be told, he doesn't even like them :oops: ) Anyway, I hate to ask but how much does a viv like that end up costing??
I know how you feel about getting good pics, For some reason I can get great pics of my kids but not the animals!

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Jen, looks so great!!!!!! We are counting down til T goes to college so we can turn a bedroom into a beardie-arium 8) Don't worry we've only said that to her like 100 times in 6 months. j/k :wink:

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fez09":06571 said:
Hey Jen~
I love the new viv! I wish I could get my hubby to build something for ours (truth be told, he doesn't even like them :oops: ) Anyway, I hate to ask but how much does a viv like that end up costing??
I know how you feel about getting good pics, For some reason I can get great pics of my kids but not the animals!

They can run anywhere from $150-$200 to do. The most expensive part for us was the plexi. My hubby wasn't sure at first, but now that Chaos is 19 inches :shock: he's starting to really like him. He was OK little, but now he's big and macho looking I guess. Then there is the little girl Lucy, she'd had hubby from day 1.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
dna14":12b92 said:
Jen, looks so great!!!!!! We are counting down til T goes to college so we can turn a bedroom into a beardie-arium 8) Don't worry we've only said that to her like 100 times in 6 months. j/k :wink:

Sure sounds like the best thing to do with any empty room....I have 6 years till my Justy is 18. :D Gee, I can't even imagine that.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
OK so I have used a little of Sean's advice. The pics aren't the best but they are better. Now I shall try ALL of Sean's advice and turn OFF the basking light next time instead of the flourescent one! :wink:

100_1516.jpg

100_1518.jpg

I have no idea what the black beard was for!

100_1519.jpg

100_1522.jpg

Isn't she just the prettiest thing you ever saw?

Sean, how about a Photo101 thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom