Changing The Diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my beardie for bout 5 months and he was a tiny juvenile when i adopted him from pets mart and up till now he's been eating 5 crickets a day and alternating with 5 super worms every other day and a healthy diet of apples and shredded carrots. No i don't weigh out how much he gets in carrots and apples, he loves his apples and gets really mad when he dosent get them lol, but i was wondering if there were a better diet for him other than what im feeding him? I've tried wax worms and he dosent like'm, lettuce and mustard greens gives him the squirts. he's now approx 5 months old i don't have a birth date for him since i was never told or given one so im just guessing and taking in how long i've had him. i guess its a him there's no real way to figure out so i stuck him with the name Drake.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html theres some info on diet :D

5 crickets a day. Chimera was eating 25 to 30. But thats because he eats his veggies first. mustard and colard greens with some squash tossed in.

Not sure but i think apples are a treat for them, and carrots arent that great for them, sorry i dont remember why i just remember reading that some where here.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
What size crickets are they? I think your dragon might be too small for superworms. Some days my boys will eat 10-20 superworms besides they veggies. You need to add some greens in though, they need some roughage to their diets.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Be careful meal worms can cause impaction they have a hard shell thats hard to digest :( we learned the hard way and thought chimera was gonna die :( he only at 12 really small ones in a 1 day period. He was fed just a few at a time.

Superwoodie21

Original Poster
I'll keep that noted, apparently im underfeeding him according to what everyone else is feeding there bierdie's. but yet he's normal size and deffintaly not showing signs of mal-nutrition that i know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom