Change of nail colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbu70

Hi, new to this forum and to Beardie ownership. Just wanted to ask about nail colour as I can’t find an answer via google.

Our Beardie is 14 weeks old. His ( or her - don’t know gender yet so referring to our pet as a him) name is Stumpy because the tip of his tail is missing. We were told one of his fellow hatchlings bit it off. We were told he is a translucent and has black eyes. Up until last week he had clear nails but now they are black.

Is it normal for the nails to change colour? I’m worried that it may be a bad sign? He seems settled and is eating well but I haven’t been able to find an answer as to the reason for the colour change in his nails.

Thanks

94973-7645629858.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sometimes it could be just that they are dirty since they are in contact with the floor and sometimes even their own poo. Can you post some close ups of his feet ?

Sbu70

Original Poster
Thank you. We are very diligent about cleaning up his droppings and he has a bath weekly. Here are some close ups of his feet.

94973-4373739213.jpg
94973-9594549839.jpg
94973-5009900192.jpg

I’ve also put one on of his back markings - though they look a bit redder irl. Does he fit into a particular colour category?

94973-8941570958.jpg

Thank you for any comments.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's def. not a hypo , the nails are + will stay black. Maybe when he was younger they had't developed enough color until now. And can you post pics of his eyes ? Can't really see in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom