Can my juvenile beardie surivive on worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guy's, my beardie seems to have gone off his locusts and is enjoying his worms much more. He still eats the locusts but not as much as the worms. Would he be fine on just worms or?

Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Variety is always best for overall diet. What kind of worms are you offering? Perhaps you can offer a few different kinds of worms or introduce another staple bug to add to the rotation. Does he dig into veges at all yet? It's easier to provide variety with salads but the younger guys don't always want any part of it. Perhaps his appetite will return after the shed (assuming a shed is coming on) or when his mood returns to normal.

amaridawkins

Original Poster
He's currently on mealworms and waxworms. I know some people say not to give them mealworms because they're hard to digest but he's always had them and he's able to digest them. I'm able to get a variety of worms if needed and he did enjoy dubia roaches so I'll get some more of them as well. And about his moods and things he's back to his usual self now but his colour is still darker then usual but my mum said that he looks and seem fine to her so.. and I'm not sure how to upload pictures sorry :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The main issue is that mealworms and waxworms aren't all that nutritious. Waxworms are especially high in fat. Better choices for worms are Phoenix/Repti/Calci worms and silk worms. The dubia roaches are a very good staple bug.

You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks nice and healthy. Is his face/mouth area shedding? If so, that may have him a little bit upset or out of sorts.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Try him on medium sized crickets that have been gut loaded with carrot , buk choy and repcal adult beardie pellets and have been dusted with Ca.

Silkworms are an excellent option as either a treat or a staple.

amaridawkins

Original Poster
I'm glad he looks like healthy to you! He was shedding a little around his mouth a couple of days ago and he's still eating like normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom