Spider in locust tub

luH85

Beardie name(s)
Pepe
Hi,
I noticed a spider (brown, bulbus ass) in my locust tub. The next day it was gone, I think the locusts ate it. The locusts didn't die, they appeared to be fine. I was going to throw the tub out to be on the safe side, but my partner fed my beardie the locusts! He says I'm worrying for nothing, that the locusts would have died if something was poisonous about the spider. Beardie ate them about an hour ago and he seems ok. I recently had to rescue my beardie from a house fire, and I've been ridiculously overprotective of him since. The remaining locusts in his viv are fine too, they don't appear poisoned...I just hope they haven't picked up any parasites or anything. Shall I take them out? I worry about my beardie so much since the fire, I just want to look after him.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Any the spider bit would have died. The rest are ok.

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I used to get a spider every now + then in my cricket shipments years ago, I'd catch + kill them. If your spider wasn't eaten by the locusts it may have escaped and be crawling around your house. And it would not matter if the spider was venomous and the locusts ate it, it would have no effect on them or your beardie.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom