Can Bearded Dragons Sense the Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Don't know if this is known but can bearded dragons sense changes in the weather, even before the change occurs. My dragons has been going crazy inside her cage for a few days now, and today a pretty bad tropical storm hit us. I read somewhere that they can "measure" barometric changes, but I'm still confused.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Beardies can definitely sense the weather as well as the days lengthening & shortening, too.
They can also feel barometric pressure changes too in the air.
When we lived in Key West for years, we went through 4 hurricanes & our dragons definitely could sense the changes, ahead of time.
Where are you located, in Florida?

Tracie

scorpius

Yup , they sure can , whenever there is a thunderstorm all my males go to ground and flatten out

My female button gets me laughing, one minute she is raising her head to hear the claps of thunder and the next time I look at her all I see is her tail sticking out of the cave :D

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No I live in South Carolina. We just had a tropical storm hit us. Wasn't terrible... don't know if there was any flooding but still the storm wasn't that bad.

Ya my bearded dragon has just been going insane, running around her cage, and making tons of noises... not helpful when I'm trying to make music in my room...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, she should calm down pretty soon, once the pressure drops back down to normal. :D
Bless her. Some are more sensitive than others though.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yes they can , even when they live in an airconditioned home.

I suspect they sense changes in air pressure and humidity.

All my pet lizards hunker down when nasty weather is on it's way, both skinks and dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom