Can anyone help me sex my Beardie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
I have 2 Beardies and 1 is obviously male but I'm having a hard time sexing the other can anyone help?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
if you could post pictures of their vent area it would be the only way for us to tell.

here are some pics of the difference between male and female
male
male.jpg

has two distinct bulges at the base of the tail and has pronounced femoral pores (bumps on hind legs)

Female
female.jpg

has one buldge or no buldge at all and surpressed femoral pores.

do you have your beardies housed together? you really shouldnt do that. You need to have them seperated for their health and well being

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think its male but my other male jumps on him and bites the back of his head like they are going to mate. We just got the one that I'm not 100 % sure of the sex on and the get along great. No they are housed separately we just let them play sometimes
SDC10468.jpg

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think he's male but they act like they are mating they dont fight and it seems to bother them not being together. I was told that males dont get along but they are like best buds. One bobs his head(the smaller beardie) and in response one bows and waves ( the larger beardie) so confusing.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
i may be wrong but i really think thats a female
maybe some some other eyes will jump in on this.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
i dont see two distinct bulges on the tail
could you take a picture of the bottom of the hind legs?

rin0425

Hatchling Member
I think its a male, I see the bulges...and the femoral pores are very pronounced...He may just be having gender identity issues, so I hope youre an accepting parent... haha just kidding...i dont think w will ever know why thy do what they do, but physiology would say that that is a male, in my opinion (Im a vet tech, and i do this a lot for people).
Aaron

crazymum

Hatchling Member
your beardie looks to be a male. as you can see there are the 2 bulges on his tail that indicate male.... if it was a female it would just have one large bulge at the base of the tail not 1 on either side like in the picture

spyder79

Extreme Poster
in the picture i could not see the buldges maybe my eyesight is going but with the femoral pores its deffinately a male. good luck with your boy lol.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Your beardie is a male. It has the bulges on the tail, along with the very prominent femoral pores. Yep, I'd be very comfortable saying that you have a male.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought he was male but my other male jumps on him bites his neck and he lays down and waves, as if they we going to mate.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
you need to keep them seperate... is that is a sign of dominance and your older male could kill or seriously injure your lil male

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom