Dominant female

I have a Witblet female I purchased and attempted to pair with my male (obviously let her settle in for a few weeks) but she attempts to duel with him. My other female paired with him once and laid all infertile eggs so I did attempt to re-pair them, to which she head bobbed and waved, but nothing successful happened and in the end she ran away. Any suggestions/help?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Females test the males, if he isn't aggressive enough to dominate her sge probably won't let him mate.
You can keep putting them together to see if he can convince her. But i would supervise, she may bite him.

DragonSoul

Original Poster
Females test the males, if he isn't aggressive enough to dominate her sge probably won't let him mate.
You can keep putting them together to see if he can convince her. But i would supervise, she may bite him.
Okay thank you so much! He did mount her a few times and she settled down but obviously she's a little sassy! Do you have any advice on my second female as well?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
As long as you can supervise, try putting him in their habitats.
That's where she is going to be the most relaxed and there is less room for her to run off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom