Campbell Jane *Very Sad News*

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I AM JUST SPEECHLESS WHEN LOOKING AT THE COMPARISION OF THOSE 2 PICTURES, :silent:......... SO HAPPY FOR MISS JANE AND YOU! :D

WHAT A BEAUTY!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
She looks like she is doing wonderfully. Hopefully she will keep healthy and save you some vet bills. How is her attitude? Is she still "I can't believe how great I'm being treated! food! baths! love!" or is she now "That woman better let me out the minute she gets home and I demand cuddles!" :D You know, once you go slave.. you never go back.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, she sat nice and tall on my chest for several hours this evening, preventing me from getting up to do anything, including changing the channel... I couldn't reach the remote without disturbing her. No open mouths or anything this time, and she even dozed off from time to time. I think we're making progress!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, more snuggles! I'm so glad Miss CJ is finally settling in to be a cuddly beardie.

I can totally sympathize with you, Sandi. When Pookie first started to snuggle on me, I couldn't bring myself to disturb him by standing up. Heck, I didn't even shift in my seat for fear of waking him. There'd been many times when I sat on the couch nearly wretching in pain because all my joints had went numb.

Next time you have to have the camera by your side so you could take pics of Miss CJ snuggling on you.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Goonie":55a75 said:
There'd been many times when I sat on the couch nearly wretching in pain because all my joints had went numb.
So THAT's where all my pains are coming from. AND why I get stuck watching really bad TV.
But it's so worth it! I'm glad your baby is really starting to trust you. It just takes a lot of extra time with one that was in such bad shape as Campbell. Stasia has been sleeping with her head relaxed all the way down instead of up on her beard. It's things like that that make my heart melt. So great that she's sleeping on you! :love5:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Cam hasn't pooped in almost a week, so tomorrow morning I get to take her to the vet at 7:30 am (ouch!) for the dreaded procedure. I'm really going to have to learn how to do this myself at home. :bleick:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
We're back from the vet and our mission was successful. I really wish she could go on her own on a regular basis! I feel so bad for her, she always looks so unhappy when we have to have this done, but it's the only way.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Basically, he lubes up a rubber tube and sticks it up her vent. Then he runs water through it to try an get things moving - a beardie enema, I suppose. She always looks so shocked! She had a truly epic poop today... I thought it was never going to stop coming. :bleick:

I should add, for any new owners, this is NOT something you want to try at home. The vent and intestines are very delicate and can easily be damaged by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sorry Cam wasn't poopin' for ya again.
Sandi may I ask how far is it to your vets office?
I know you mentioned it before but I can't find it. :(

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's a 10-15 minute drive, depending on the traffic. Not too bad, all things considered.

I forgot to mention... I made the vet laugh while we were there. I was talking to Cam while he was inserting the tube, and I called her "Chicken" which has become one of her nicknames (don't ask me why!). He thought that was hilarious.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
My reason for asking is that I have 3 very stubborn poopers. :lol:
One is more stubborn than the other 2.
But anyway what I was getting at is.....
These 3 without fail will go in my car if I take them for a long ride. My backseat is covered in a trash bag and that I cover with a towel. So when it's been a week or so without getting them to poop we just go for a long ride.(20 minutes is the longest it takes usually) It seems to vibrate the poop loose even when a bath wouldn't do the trick. You might just give it a try I'm sure it would be less embarrassing to Cam an if it was to work it would save you a few dollars. :wink:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I'll have to try that! She's been known to wait until we get to the vet's office, and she's on the table and he's preparing the tube, then.... POOP! So maybe the car ride does shake something loose. :lol:

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I can just see Cam thinking... ohhhh you are not sticking that tube up my pooper... let me just push it on out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom