Campbell Jane *Very Sad News*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, I definitely don't think she's dying. I'm not getting that vibe from her. I just hope I haven't gotten to her too late!

A couple more pics from tonight:

Look at where her nostrils should be. I'm not sure what's going on here - there's a little indent, but I can't tell if they're full of old shed or sand or something, or if it's some kind of birth defect. Also, see the white scales on her lower lip where I cleaned the crud off? I think there's a very pretty dragon underneath all of that.
IMG_3971.jpg

Dammit, stop taking my picture lady! :lol:
IMG_3972.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks better already. I wonder if she has some mucous in her nostrils and maybe even some old skin. Did she mind you washing the dirt off around her mouth? Do you think she'd let you take a cotton tip to see if you can clean her nostrils out a little?
Definitely see some beautiful coloring. Does she like being cuddled?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a huge difference from the orig pics! Once all of the old crud is finally washed off, she'll surprise us all by appearing as a beautiful beardie.
Oh yeah, she's giving you the death glare alright. Imagine the nerve of flashing that black box at her when she's trying to catch up on 5 years of lost sleep :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I've looked at those last 2 pics several times, and I agree, she does look better. She will get used to that "black box thingy". Redrock was afraid of it for several months. She finally got used to my husband's old fashioned film camera when I use my cell phone to take a picture of her beard hanging down. She didn't know what I was doing and had a little bit of fear in her eyes.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
After all she's gone through, she certainly has a right to be weary of a black box that flashes at her. She probably never had her pic taken before since she was lacking in everything else. :roll:
Looks like the lower part of her beard is getting ready to shed.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
Sandi,

What an amazing job you're doing! Nesta and I will both be praying for your girl to pull through and from the looks of it she couldn't be in better care!!!

Please keep us all updated :)

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks everyone - I feel like she is a bit more lively tonight. I just gave her a half hour soak, and she moved around quite a bit. All four legs seem to work, so that's good. No poop yet, but she drank more water and I got her to take a ml of Pedialyte, so maybe tomorrow. I tried to clean her nostrils, but wasn't successful. She didn't struggle, but whatever's in there just doesn't want to come out. She doesn't seem to mind being snuggled, but she also doesn't really seem to 'get it'. Jasper would snuggle into my shoulder, and Campbell just sort of hangs there. I think it's safe to say she hasn't been handled much (if at all), so I'm sure she has no idea what's going on. She's very calm though - she's on my shoulder in a washcloth burrito right now. We're watching Mystery Science Theatre 3000! I think you're right about the shed Diane. You can't see it when you look at her, but it shows up well in the photo. She shed a couple of little scales near her ear, and there's a very vibrant orange under there. :D

Sorry Sara, I realized I didn't answer your question about where I found her. I saw a post about her on a local reptile forum. A lady was trying to arrange a rescue for her, so I contacted her and said I could take her. She told me that some other people had already gotten her, so I figured "oh well" and went on with my life. A couple of days later, the people who adopted her contacted me and said that she was much sicker than previously thought, and they didn't think they would be able to give her the medical care she would need. They asked if I would consider taking her, and of course I said yes. So here we are. :D I'm already very attached to her - I hope she makes it.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
wow!!!! best of luck!! I cant even imagine how her living conditions where before you got her

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
She is looking better already!!! :D Im so happy for you Sandi,I really believe this is meant to be.Jasper sent her to you :wink:

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Its ok you didnt answer. everybody misses something. but thank you for answering :mrgreen:

see, what did i (and everybody else) tell you? this really WAS meant to be.

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
Much better indeed. Totally awesoem what your doing with her. In dealingwith her sicknesses you're also teaching me what to do if mine gets ill. Pedalyte is not something I would have thought of doing but it makes perfect sense.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, I hope that people can learn from my experiences, but I know that no one here would EVER let their dragon get this sick!

Good news this morning. After her light came on, she opened up her eyes and climbed the stairs all the way up to her basking spot, all by herself. It's the most I've seen her move yet. I think she is starting to feel a bit better. I'm hoping to find a nice big poop when I get home. :mrgreen:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Wow, I've just read through the whole post, you've been blessed with a sweet baby to take care of, and you've been doing a great job..................... so happy you've found each other..........great job again.............. best wishes to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom