Campbell Jane *Very Sad News*

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So, you got quite a bit off around her mouth then, that sure is a good sign. Hopefully the rest of it will come off soon. Wonder if she could have some sand up her nose causing the breathing sounds. That's great that she had a nice drink, bet that surprised you. Hopefully she will shed soon and get rid of all the nasties that are covering her now.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
oh man. i read your first post but it couldnt prepare me for those pics...

im sure she'll get the best treatment around now that shes in your care. the blanket shes on looks super comfy, and that death glare looks more to me like a look of ease and gratitude :wink: .

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my! She's filthy! She lived like this for 4-5 years?! The poor thing looks like she never had a bath and was never taken out of the tank to be held.

Thank goodness that the brown goo turned out to only be dried up dirt. Maybe the lump in her mouth will turn out to be the same.

Jasper's Mom":693df said:
What's that thing hanging off her butt? I'm not used to that!!! :lol:
:laughhard:

Sandi, I'm so glad she's with you now. I was so worried that the owner had changed her mind at the last minute.
I have complete faith in you in turning Campbell around.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She slept like a baby all night (I know because I kept getting up to check on her). When her lights clicked on this morning, she woke right up and actually got up and walked a little bit. I also got her to drink about a half a ml of water (genius me left the Pedialyte out overnight, so I have to go buy more now). I'm supposed to work until 4 today, but I'm going to use a couple of vacation hours and go at 2 so I can get back to her.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She proably never had a good night's sleep, especially on such a comfy bed.
She'll be fine while you're at work. I'm sure she knows that she's not going anywhere now and that you'll be returning soon enough to care for her again.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
AWWW! That poor thing! I sure hope she gets better, if I could, I would fly to where u r and give her a big hug! I'm sure she gets enough from you though! :)
Keep us posted (I'm sure I didn't need to remind you! :lol: ) and she'll be in my prayers!
Haley

frog

Sub-Adult Member
oh Sandi, you did such a wonderful thing for her.im amazed she lived so long like that :( but her life has already turned around.

i bet Jasper came to her and made sure she held on until you came and rescued her. because Jasper knew once she got to you she would be okay.

how did you find her?

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
WOW just wow. Prayers you got. I'mglad some of the news islooking better than you thought it would. Keep us posted :)

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
About the same, I guess. She's been basking under her MVB all day. I gave her a soak when I got home, and I'll give her another before bed tonight. She drank a lot in the bath, and I got her to take a little bit of butternut squash baby food, but she certainly wasn't enthusiastic. No poops yet, but maybe in tonight's bath. She does this thing where she closes her eyes and almost seems unconscious for a few minutes, then she sort of shakes herself and opens her eyes for a little bit. Then she closes her eyes and drifts off again. I guess it's good if she's sleeping a lot right now - the body heals itself during sleep, right?

frog

Sub-Adult Member
i hope shes doing better.

and about the sleeping- people and animals also sleep when they are healing. i mean, ehy do you think your tired when your sick with a cold? because your body needs rest. it sounds like she is just relaxing, not sleeping. she needs a lot of rest, and i would just keep an eye on her but wouldnt worry too much if she is sleeping unless you really think she is dying..

besides, if she managed to hang on for about 5 years in those conditions, why would she start to die when she begins to get better care? it just doesnt make sense in my eyes..

i hope she gets well soon Sandi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom