Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
============================================================
---------Should be more constant from now on, I hope lol------------
============================================================

Hey everyone I thought it was finally time to show off my uromastyx :D

We got calcifer at a local pet shop who had no idea how to care for him (big surprise there?) pretty much the signature pet shop care he had.

I've had him for about 2 months now and he is healthy as a horse. He eats all the time and loves his bok choy.
He is a red phase Saharan Uro and is a male. The pet store didn't know anything about him so i'm not sure on how old he is but im positive that he is an adult.
This will be calicfers thread and I will try to update it with pictures all the time because who doesn't like pictures? :mrgreen:

These are pictures of him today while he was basking. He really doesn't show his color unless he is basking and is usually dark colored and his colors arn't so vivid. He was photo happy today.
Calciferp.jpg

Calciferp2.jpg

And this was him hiding from me. He is still a little skittish around people but he is starting to turn around and love attention :D
Calciferp3.jpg

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone.

Btw lance, I was wondering how long it would take you to find the new pictures on this site hahaha :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Sorry guys, I was going to post more pictures today but it slipped my mind and Calcifer is currently asleep. Tomorrow holds new pictures in store though :D

-Brandon

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Brandon, I can sniff even when someone is even thinking about posting, im such a picture whore... :oops: So we will be waiting on them pictures. :wink: :lol:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Here are the pictures I promised. It's amazing to me to see what a color change calcifer goes through. He is usually this dark unless he is basking directly in the light. Even if he is laying down out of his lil hide he will still be dark even on the hot side.

These are pics of him just waking up. He is a lil grumpy at me haha :p

This is him right when I *accidently* woke him up:
calciferp4.jpg

And here he is after he realized what was going on - stink eye anyone?
calciferp5.jpg

Im sure everyone can tell the difference in color. Does anyone else's uro do this?

I have a yellow Uro about 6 months old but he does the same thing with colors. His bottom is always nice and yellow but his top will go from yellow to brown in minutes and changes all the time. I will see if I can get my pics on here.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thank you very much drache! :mrgreen:

First off here is an update on Mr. Calcifer
Calcifer has been doing great these past couple months. He has been staying bright red a lot longer then before. Now, most of the day he is bright red and basking like a happy uro should :). To me he looks like he got a bit more chunky but over all doesn't seem to have grown much. HA, as I look over at him right now he is staring at me with those eyes that say " i know what your doing" hah.

Ca6.jpg

ca8.jpg

The camera today just isn't doing is colors justice :)
He just had a yummy bok choy salad earlier today (his absolute favorite) and he has been soaking up the heat all day :)
ca9.jpg

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Very good temperament. But they are very shy. Mine still tries to run away instead of being held but never bites and only has once ever whacked me with his tail. They are a little bit harder to make "loyal like dogs" that beardies become but as you can see on youtube, not impossible.

I don't feed him any insects however some on here do as occasional treats. They are mainly leaf eaters and I only give him salads. His favorite is bok choy :p

-Brandon

ya right on my blue toung is like that she dont bight but she is shy and when i takes her out she just trys to hide but she has never bitten me or anything what do they eat man just vegies and bird seed is it

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well, i have him housed on high quality bird seed for the substrate. Its nice he has a lot of fun in it. In the morning when i wake him up I take him out of his little cave and a fill it back up with seeds so it is filled in. He loves digging it back out and going to hide when he is done basking. He does like nibbling on the seeds and it provides good roughage to help digest the greens he eats. They can pretty much eat the greens that beardies do good with.

You can find lots of info at this site :http://www.deerfernfarms.com/Uromastyx_Care.htm

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom