Calcifer the Uro - Happy colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yup! :mrgreen:
He was recently shedding it so I must assume that it has gotten bigger :twisted:

-Brandon

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
I looked up how to take care of these guys, I was expecting them to eat rats or rabbits or something o_O
It says they're mostly vegetarians, I was shocked. I would love to go one in the future after learning about them more. Are they hard to take care of?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
They are only herbivores. They shouldn't be fed insects.

They are extremely easy to take care of, they pretty much take care of themselves as long as you provide them with a big salad every day.

-Brandon

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
claudiusx":uppaxlkf said:
They are only herbivores. They shouldn't be fed insects.

They are extremely easy to take care of, they pretty much take care of themselves as long as you provide them with a big salad every day.

-Brandon

Hmm, i'm surprised i've never heard of them before. Are they popular?
I'm wondering if I would have to order one somewhere if I ever did get one. I don't think my local vivarium even carries them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He was the only uro I've ever seen at the small petstore i've gone to for 7 or so years. But I think you can get them online if you look hard enough. There might even be some on craigslist.

-Brandon

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
claudiusx":rpf7piew said:
tail1.jpg

Whoa.I know it's an old pic,but I'd hate to be on the receiving end of THAT tail. :shock:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Luckily I never have been lol.

Yeah thats one of my favorite pictures. I was trying to compare the sizes of tails and show how Calcifers is so much more bulky than my adult dragons.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
HELLO BRANDON!!!

Calcifer is just adorable - iv been looking through this thread for the past few days (im not all caught up yet but I did see lots of pics of Calcifer:D)!!! I would love a uro but hubby says no :( Plus, every time the reptile store has one, they seem to be pretty nasty!!!!! If I ever got one I think I would have to get it as a baby but there just isnt anyone over here who seems to have them!!!!

That turned into a little ramble!! lol!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
HI CHRISTINA!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for stopping by! It's always great to get people over to Calcifers thread. He is pretty lonely ya know :p

There will be lots more pictures soon Christina, I can't wait to show him off some more lol.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Haha! I just realised I *shouted* hello to you (you are far away tho so I think I can be excused!)

I think he is gorgeous!

I will stop by more to visit him! Especially if there are going to be more pics!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
You betcha! Hoping I will have the Camera by Sunday, so hopefully thats when some pics will be up :D

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Thats TOMORROW!!! Yay! Im very excited now!! And then you can start a thread for Miss Naughtica (if she feels like being a model for the day!)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Wait, its still Friday for me lol. Its Friday at 6:14 pm for me, you got a bit longer to wait haha :p

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
I know but remembering that its still Friday there and I have to wait 2 days is making me sad :( So in my head, it will continue to be tomorrow that I see pics!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom