Calcifer the Uro - Happy colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
TerratheBeardie":3b5dwxx7 said:
claudiusx":3b5dwxx7 said:
tail1.jpg

Whoa.I know it's an old pic,but I'd hate to be on the receiving end of THAT tail. :shock:

Oh it hurts, lol also hurts when they bite your pinky finger. :shock:
Don't get me wrong I just have a psychopathic Uro :wink:

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
claudiusx":31az40dr said:
Luckily I never have been lol.

Yeah thats one of my favorite pictures. I was trying to compare the sizes of tails and show how Calcifers is so much more bulky than my adult dragons.

-Brandon

It's pretty bulky,alright. XD
Which is probably a good thing for an Uromastyx :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
And a bad thing for anything that tries to mess with it in the wild :mrgreen:

-Brandon

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
claudiusx":12ulu12r said:
He was the only uro I've ever seen at the small petstore i've gone to for 7 or so years. But I think you can get them online if you look hard enough. There might even be some on craigslist.

-Brandon

My local vivarium actually has them. Are they as social as dragons?
Calcifer is beautiful, i'm jealous D:

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
When I when to the reptile expo they had a lot of pretty uros, at that time I didn't know what they were. They had ones with a mix of grey & blue bodies and tails. They're sooo pretty. I just wish they were easier to tame and not as shy :(

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Are they as social as dragons?
No, Definitely not. I've read that their relocation stress can last up to 6 months, and you shouldn't even touch them during this time. I've had Calcifer for over a year and he still squarms and wiggles when I pick him up. He is still not 100% comfortable with me.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It's still Saturday for me lol.
Not going to get my camera tell tomorrow, which will be Sunday... lol :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
LOL

Ok Christina, I swear I was posting a reply to this thread, but my phone vibrated which meant I got an E mail which meant the Uro forum got a post on it. So I check, and its you lol, the one person I was going to address in my post haha.

Sooooo...... had a busy day shopping, I had to get lots of things. I got my camera too! Its all set up. Calcifers lights came on an hour ago so i'm giving him so more time to warm up before I take him out for some pictures!

I promise Christina, there will be pictures today :)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I hear him munching on his seeds at the moment, its very loud in a quite house lol. At least he is waking up!

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Houston, we have a problem!

This morning Calcifers bulb burnt out, so being the slave I am, I ran down to Lowes and picked up a new bulb... 30 minutes later.... this is the result:
SANY0045.jpg

*Sigh* I will need to go back later and buy a new one. :? For now though, I will just lift it up a bit and hope that does for a couple hours.

More pictures soon later!

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom