Bye, bye brumation! Pg 81 funny story and vid's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear you got that darned leaf out of her mouth. What is with some beardies and eating silk/plastic plants? I put Didi in Leo's tank one day & he started eating the plastic leaf I'd put in Leo's log :shock: Luckily I was right there & grabbed it out. Leo had never touched the leaves, needless to say, the leaves are no longer on his log.

I got the calendars I ordered today, I ordered both & the pic of Z&W is really great, so clear. I'm going to hang them both up over the tanks in the living room so I can see dragons, dragons & more dragons!

Hugs 'n snuggles,
Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Deb!

You know I have never had an adult beardie try to eat the fake plants before...only babies...first time for everything. :roll:

So you got your calendars today? Congratulations! :blob8:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow Barb, that must have been scary with Roux eating that leaf, was it plastic or silk? Adults aren't SUPPOSED to do those sort of things, geez. Guess I better keep an eye on Misty too as she has a silk vine over her basking spot. :roll:

How did Miss Piggy do today? Prayers and thoughts coming your way for your sweet girl.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Diane! Thank-you! :D

It is a silk ivy plant...the same one that's been in her viv since shortly after she got here at 4 weeks old. I'd never seen her ever act like she'd do that before. So it was bazaar ...and scary to say the least. The leaves are rather large...don't know if it would pass very easily plus it has the plastic stem and veins on the leaves..so I was actually glad we were able to remove it.

Piggy is having a good day :D ...lazily basking and watching the kids(the best she can) right now. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Holy cow, what a frightening experience for all of you!
Wonder what possessed her to suddenly want to eat the leaf. Did she not eat enough earlier? Or could it be that she finally got tired of looking at the vines and decided to redecorate? :dontknow:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Happy to hear that Miss Piggy had another good day. :p Basking and watching the kids is a good thing.

Gina's right, maybe Roux wanted a change in scenery, sounds like she got one BUT without the greenery for sure.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Gina I'm not sure...what the hell she was thinking. :lol:
She definitely got a re or should I say "UN" decorated viv.

Diane, Piggy has had several decent days...only had one small shaking episode a couple of days ago. She's put on about 15g since last weighed. :)
Her head still looks sad to me... :cry:

Here's Miss Piggy...
DSC00803.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

Roux spent her brumation time in a cut off Reptisun shipping box. :lol:
DSC09743.jpg

Here is Roux not wanting me to coaxed her out...
DSC00605.jpg

But I found a way to coaxed her out.... :lol:
DSC00518.jpg

Then of course once she was up found the need to tease Gus...This was just before eating the ivy leaf...doesn't she look starved?
DSC00848.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

Wondering where her Ivy when???
DSC00951.jpg

I'll come out if you got more worms???
DSC01059.jpg

Okay so maybe it's Gus teasing Roux... :lol:
With his constant in and out of his viv.....
DSC00604.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

Itty Bitty running up and down her ramp all day...
DSC00755.jpg

Ms. Tiggs brumated in an Otter Pop box... :lol:
DSC00887.jpg

Only up for a few minutes here...and not happy about the male pounding on her viv...
"Make him stop Mommy!"
DSC01016.jpg

Be back shortly with some more pic's..... :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Okay had to take a feeding and bath break. :lol:

Here are a few more pic's...

Gus
DSC00467.jpg

Look at this pouty face...omg he's got it mastered. :whip:
DSC00893.jpg

Flame....Oh So HORMONAL!!!! BTW...he is now larger than his daddy Blaze. :mrgreen:
DSC00502.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

This is rare...no black beard??? :lol:
DSC00508.jpg

Flame is so sexy...:love10:
DSC09312.jpg

Here is all we seen of Checker's for several weeks :lol: ...out cold in his favorite brumation spot. :roll:
DSC00759.jpg

He's awake now.... :)
DSC00760.jpg

Checker's is now fully up and is going psychotic like the rest the males. More pic's of him to come.... :wink:

Okay the prime example of HORMONAL is Blaze. :lol:
DSC00833.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

Hey! Mr. Bunny? You are in a compromised position.... :lol:
DSC00790.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

Another foggy day??? :(
DSC00587.jpg

I have more pic's and pic's of Lola once my camera battery charges enough to upload them to my computer. :roll:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks so much for posting those pics! I loved seeing everyone all bright eyed and bushy tailed :mrgreen:

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
I love all the pictures :) The first one of Gus w/the mouth full of lettuce... awwwww :mrgreen: He has certainly mastered the pouty face though.. my goodness !
I can't imagine how you put up with all the hormonal males !! I just have the one hormonal male! I can't imagine all the head bobs and black beards in multiples :shock:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Blaze's black beard almost looks like it was painted on him! I've never seen such a dark shiny black beard!! I'm jealous you have some awake beardies. My male Frank is still out cold. I'm dreading how hormonal he's going to be. Spring is going to be fun in my house, it's gonna get wild! :mrgreen:

-Kaleen

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
:oops: Again I failed to do as I promised... :( I will try to get those pic's up in the morning...though Lola and Tiggs are sleeping momentarily. :roll: Tiggs is up and down and Lola is just straight out. Though that doesn't excuse my abandoning my own thread. :silent: All I can say in my own defense is nothing....because mama always said if you don't have anything good to say then you shouldn't say anything at all. :wink:

Thank-you Gina! It's good to have their company. :D

Hi Carrie! Hope all is well with you and yours.
I can tell you it does get rather loud and crazy at times...I find myself arguing with beardies to shut up. :roll: :lol:

Thank-you Lori! I'm glad to see it on the scale, but I don't see it with the eye. She looks rather sad :cry: though she's had a nice rash of good days lately. :D

BTW...I think I had said Miss Piggy was 10 to 11 years old...maybe I only said that to Diane :?: , but my bad she is 9 to 10 years old.

Thank-you Christine! It is good to see Piggy.

Kathleen that is nothing....I think I might have posted the pic of him here maybe it was another thread I will have to go and look. But he will turn black all the way down to his vent. And his arms all the way to his wrists. :shock: I have never seen a beardie that got as black as he does. :lol:
Oh, yeah! This ought to be an interesting Spring for you. :laughing6:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Gus looks like Popeye with a mouth full of spinich! :D Loved all the new picts.
Wish one of mine would stay up. Last few weeks the temps stayed around 60-65. Both dragons woke for a bath, but didn't eat. Now I know why. It hasn't topped 40 and is supposed to get cold over the week end. Over the week end! What do they call 38, a heat wave? :shock:

Hope Piggy is feeling better. May all your troubles vanish like dew in the morning light.

Sandy H :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom