Bye, bye brumation! Pg 81 funny story and vid's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
beardie osk":efa18 said:
Since we're talking about brumation, I have what may seem like a silly question:

When you know your beardie is brumating, whether it's for a day or two or longer, do you still have their lights go on and off as usual? It seems like such a poor usage of lights having them on, but if you don't what keeps the viv warm? :dontknow:
Christine I do not turn lights out for brumation I just reduce the time to like 8 to 10 hours a day rather than 12 to 14. If they want out of the light then they will have to wake up and move into a hide otherwise UVB they will get. (Keep in mind though that in the wild there might be days that there are no signs of sun.) It does seem to be a waste when all they are doing is sleeping. But without the light on they also won't know to wake up. When I need additional heat I just use a Ceramic Heat Emitter. Also if I feel I really need to try and wake someone up I will add an extra light just a normal white household bulb to raise the temps and brighten things up this sometimes helps. :wink:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Thanks Barbara, I just wanted to compare info, that's basically what I do too. Ollie seems to be the only one who is doing "in and out" brumating........... so lights are already out for him tonight and the ceramic emitter is on.................. thanks again,
Christine

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks!
I think I have a new addiction.........the beardies plus camera......plus computer....yikes. :lol:
It was really weird this morning I made a short video of Z&W and tried to upload to photobucket.
It would get to 60% and stop like it was froze so I cancelled and tried again. Still stopped at 60% so I cancelled and uploaded to YouTube. When I went back to photobucket an hour later both tries at uploading the vid's were there. (((Scratching head!))) I cancelled both times and they weren't there when I logged off. :shock:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi Barbara,

I loved the video but only saw a piece of it before it went black. I can't remember the xray of Z+W, do they have one esophagus? (food pipe)
If so, do you ever see them chewing and swallowing at the same time? Wow, what a challenge you have........ you must love them very much, what am I saying..........I know you do.........and we do too! :love10:
Christine <><

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Christine! The video isn't as long as it says I couldn't figure out how to cut the song off only split it. I also posted it on YouTube because I thought photobucket wasn't accepting it.

I believe it is 2 throats leading to one esophagus.

Yes, I have seen them both swallow at the same time, but it seems to me like it might be difficult.
They usually take turns swallowing.

You can see how difficult it is to eat when one wants to and the other doesn't. Without assistance neither would get very much as one most of the time is pulling the other one away. So it takes some stepping in and coaxing to get them to cooperate with each other.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My Little Micro Dragon Bender turned 5 months yesterday. I weighed and measured him this morning and to my amazement he has grown in the last 30 days. Well he only grew in length an inch he is now 10 inches long. But I found his weight to be rather impressing he is now 48.2 grams which is nearly double of last months.(25grams) :shock:

Yay! Bender! :blob8:

He shed last week an is beginning an complete body shed again this week. Still small for 5 months in my opinion, but at least it looks like he will grow to be bigger than a Rankin's. :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Haven't posted much in a few days........I now feel like it's time to change the title of this thread. :lol:
Can I change out the "(BIG SMILE)" for "DRIVING ME CRAZY!"????????? :laughing6: :help: :laughing6:
What was I thinking????
Checker's, PVT Blaze, and Z&W all being very hormonal. Trashing the.......out of their viv's, head bobbing everything in sight, black bearding up a storm......

Here's just a little sample..........

PVT Blaze 9 months old after waking up from brumation.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
OMG Barbara... PVT Blaze is losing it :twisted: !!!! I'm sorry but I couldn't stop laughing. For one, the psycho behavior was hillarious and for two, Rex saw the video clip , got scared :shock: and hid under the computer. I tried to explain to her that PVT Blaze is waaaaaaaay over on the west coast and not to worry, but she's just not accepting it.

Looks like you got your hands full. Hope there are some attitude adjustments at your house today. Good luck!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
:laughhard: Yeah!
I just played it again an I have 3 females that can see my computer screen all 3 are waving. :laughhard:
He is one handsome little guy, but just look at those evil eyes. No wonder Rex is hiding. :lol:

I have this going on in 2 rooms.......Checker's in the livingroom and Blaze, Zak, and Wheezie in the kitchen.
My house is comical right now. Well...all but Z&W, I can't watch them trying to glass dance it gives me a neck ache. They have spent more time out of their viv sense they woke than in it. So now that makes males in 3 rooms because I can't put them loose in either of those rooms or they will see the females an act worse.

These little monsters are keeping me busy. :lol:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
WOW................Pvt Blaze is on the hunt........he means business.........thank goodness you put the girls are under the "witness protection" program. :wink:

You'd have alot of volunteers to help if we all lived closer to each other...... Ollie has settled down a little with his black bearding, but he's still in and out of brumation. These boys are killing us........... When does the official breeding season end anyways.........Summers around the corner...... 8)

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
:laughhard: thank you for that Barbara, I laughed so much

Poor crazed horny PVT Blaze, are all the other also that bad?
Poor guys
Are Zak n Wheezie head bobbing? I'd imagine that would take some coordination and probably result in lots of head bumping?

I don't think Wiggles has ever head bobbed, never mind like that
he's puffed at me a couple of times, he's black bearded me when I haven't been fast enough to remove poo or let him out (mainly his beard just goes dark when he grumpy or sleepy, he doesn't do angry very often)
Glass dancing now he's good at that although hasn't done it too,much since puberty, if you don't count his rgulary sessions with our mirrored wardrobe (he doesn't beard or bob his reflection just dances up and down with it) We must have the most chilled male ever.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Christine I must remind myself that it was only a few days ago I was complaining that everyone was still asleep. Breeding season is upon us now until around August. So on top of the hormonal males I also have females that are glass dancing for their lay boxes. It's impossible to keep their veggies picked up...I give. :lol:

Wigglesworth I have been trying for days to get a vid of Z&W head bobbing, but as soon as I turn the camera on they stop. But I'll get it! I just have to show everyone what it looks like when they do.
An...yes Checker's is actually worse than PVT Blaze. And the past several days have been challenging with Z&W too.

I asked for it! This is just what happens when you have both male and female in the house. :lol:

Brumation/Breaktime is over. :lol:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
So that's what Bella's been doing, she's been zippin' around the viv, and all her veggies are scattered..........little bit of hormonal action happening there too.

I didn't realize the breeding season went til August :shock: ............when did it start? Somehow I thought it was only late winter/spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom