Buying food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
So im getting ready to get my dragon sometime today (looks at clock franticly) I have lights on.. temps in range. paper towels put down. cricket tank is clean with screen.

How many crickets should I buy to start off with from the pet store until my dragon actually arrives and I can set a order on the internet?

How many dozen? Anyone know if Petsmart has any Calc suppliments for reptiles that dosent contain D3? Im using a MVB and was advised that D3 wouldnt be needed.

Greens, what is a good safe start off that they will likely eat and enjoy? I want to keep a varitey of foods on hand but I dont want the foods going bad in the fridge or nothing.

what and how much greens should I pickup? any worms?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
How many crix is a difficult question. Your dragon may go thru relocation stress and not want to it. It could want 30-60 or even more each day. If I have to buy a limited amount of crix, I plan on 30-40 per day (7 doz for 2 days usually). I use collard or dandelion greens. I just buy one bundle or one pre-cut bag. I don't know if petsmart carries calc w/o d3. It's unlikely that a petstore will have any of the worms you need for a baby. The best you can order for a little one is phoenix worms.
Sara

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey Thanks! I got a somewhat of an exotic shop nearby that carrys some different worms. Ill check and see what they have. As far as the greens im gonna print off one of the care sheets and just hit up the grocery store will I find most of my items there?

Thanks for the help!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I find enough if I go to Kroger, Meijer, or Whole Foods, but if I go to the "corner market" type places or even fruit and veggies stands I usually can't find what I need. I usually just buy a bag of greens every 2 weeks or so (more if I run out/ they go bad obviously) and then add other stuff that we have like fruit or celery following the feeding guide of course. For a baby you could feed phoenix worms, small butterworms, and very small hornworms or silkworms. I'm sure you know the no-larger-than-the-space-between-his-eyes rule.
Sara

neecie

Juvie Member
The "green" bags sold at Target 10 for $10 are perfect for keeping all fruits and veggies from going bad too fast. The bags can be washed and reused...........I have some for almost a year now. Don't wash produce before putting in bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom