Butter worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam805

Hatchling Member
ok i been hearing alot of things but i was woundering if they are better then meal worms. like can i feed them daily?

neecie

Juvie Member
Mealworms are not good at all. Butterworms are fine in moderation since high in fat................keep in lower frig and use as a treat.

dawnki

Juvie Member
I got lots of butterworms at one time for Bruno------he started to eat one made a funny face-----BLECH-------spit it out and went to hide. :lol:

neecie

Juvie Member
I know you can read that fat %, but it's the ratio of fat to I think protein...............believe me, others will add more info maybe. I love butters and started wanting them as a staple, till many told me about the fat.
They are by far, the easier to store by keeping in the frig.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
neecie":f5d1d said:
I know you can read that fat %, but it's the ratio of fat to I think protein...............believe me, others will add more info maybe. I love butters and started wanting them as a staple, till many told me about the fat.
They are by far, the easier to store by keeping in the frig.

Its the calories from fat. They are super high in calories. I love to feed them to Blaze, but she got fat before I knew it. I'm finishing up the cup I have and I'm not ordering them anymore. They are great for my rescues, since they are super high in calcium, but I can't afford to feed everyone butters and have three fat dragons.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
NegativeCreep":010a4 said:
Its the calories from fat. They are super high in calories. I love to feed them to Blaze, but she got fat before I knew it. I'm finishing up the cup I have and I'm not ordering them anymore. They are great for my rescues, since they are super high in calcium, but I can't afford to feed everyone butters and have three fat dragons.

Yes, this. Butters and their calories! :shock:

AdamSkates, how old is your dragon? Size? If you're looking for a staple worm for a young beardie, you might consider phoenix worms. http://www.phoenixworms.com They are very nutritious, high in natural calcium, and also have natural lauric acid which gives antimicrobial qualities which help combat coccidia. They also have a good fat/protein ratio which makes them ok to feed as a staple. Wonderful for growing dragons.

The best,
Em

neecie

Juvie Member
I loved giving Phoenix while my Sandy was a baby, growing.... now at 11 months she gobbles too many at a shot. So, now its fat, green Hornworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom