Burt won't eat his greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burt1016

Juvie Member
He only has been eating his crickets, and he eats around 7 crix a day. I offer him collard greens and he just wont eat!!

I just got an adult beardie and her former owner hand fed her only and I'm having a hard time getting her to eat her veggies too. She won't eat any.. at all.. ever!! she just closes her eyes when I offer them. BUT recently I offered her some brocolini and i caught her chowing down on a few bunches (i think it smells real good to them). but that's all i can get her to eat right now beside her crickets and super worms. Good luck!

Maggie, dewey(juvie bd) and vladimir (nonveggieeater bd)

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Ive heard that if you wrap a cricket or worm up in greens they might start to eat them, dont know if it works. also if you take away live food for a day or two they will eventually get hungry and eat their veg (dont know if i would have the heart to do this!). Feed your live food with plenty of greens so he's getting some goodness from them that way until he starts to eat them himself. My beardie has always ate his veg but he likes some more than others, he goes mad for sweet potato, although you can only feed that on occasions. Try strong smelling veg like basil, mint, rosemary... :)

a link to a good site of different veg: http://www.ukbeardeddragons.co.uk/feeding.htm

hope he stops being picky soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom