Brumation update 10/27/2016 daily updates to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":2n5hpnna said:
Hey Beardymama, Im here I found your thread. I've been out of action because my tonsilctomy operation. Been 10 days since the operation, I need to catch up. My dragon still not brumating I don't mind it. I just thought he would since he's almost 2 years old. Thought you could use the update.
Draconis still doing brumation? I need to read to find out.

Talk later.
Kami
Hes still in a yo-yo brumation, mommy gets him up occasionally to bask and get a bit of hydration and a bite to eat or bedding change if he wants it. He does do his poopies. It was a hectic weekend my daughter had a birthday thing Sunday, so it was a lovely clean the house all week thing. i had him get up to say hi to my daughters friend, who proceeded to say he looked way bigger in person. He then refused to let go of her jacket because its fuzzy like his favorite sleeping mattress and pillows and things. He still refuses to sleep in a box or a cave he prefers a blanket and a mattress and a pillow..... like i have said before, he thinks hes people! I have even caught him with his head on his pillow! Right now hes basking and going to get his weekly bath and another 30 minutes or so of basking and then back to bed.
oh and he still wakes up or likes me to wake him up in the morning to watch the kids go to school and for a cover smoothing session.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It is getting harder to post dailies so ill post them when i can, i apologize for the lateness but my health and other things have kept me from my computer. I did finally find the rest of his blue material for his blankets to go with his blue mattress, he now has big boy blankets (he insists on having 3 layers of the fuzzy blue material, it is light and breathable but warm so please dont worry) that he can play "find the beardie" under. He even does this cute little cover monster thing when hes awake but wants me to come get him or is settleing down for the night!!! Oh and if ther is ONE wrinkle he WILL wiggle his butt until mommy fixes that wrinkle! :D He does wake up on occasion to come out for kissies and huggies and then back to bed just so he knows we are still here and to show that he still knows we are still here and hes still with us. He takes his little duty very seriously and if mommy has to take him out of his tank just for cuddles he will do cuddles without complaint because 1, mommy is warm, and 2, it makes mommy feel better and when mommy is happy the dragon gets extra treats and stuff like the matresses and blankets! :D Yup hes mommies spoiled lil dragon. His duties include, being an adopted family member (non human son, brother etc etc), a greeter, an ambassador, and mommies ESA. When he is on call as mommies ESA no one is allowed to pet him and he will tilt his head and then open his mouth slightly like "should i bite them?" and make a chuffing sound that sounds almost like a dragon laugh when they back off and say "ooookkkk you dont have to say that twice" or when he beardies and the oldest runs screaming and he chuffs and smiles!!! :D he doesnt bite, the ast time he did my 4 year old shoved her finger in his mouth while he was just playing.......anywho ....the rest is for anothe rthread this about brumation and i was giving a bit of background sorry i got carried away!!!

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I got tired and sick yesterday and forgot about poor Draconis on his bridge until 3pm. I told him to stay on there and he did, he did make a half complaint until the first blanket layer went on and he felt the warmth and immediately forgave me and was asleep by the time layer 3 was on. He even snuggled his face into two of his emoji pillows....:D The night before i took him out for a message and some light leg stretches (he does these mainly himself and likes to do them every other night) so he could resettle. This is why it has been dubbed his yo-yo brumation, hes still doing some basking, he still likes his weekly baths and if i forget them he will pop his little head out and remind me and he likes a light stretch and message every other night to help him resettle and stay limber....or maybe its just an excuse for him to see what the rest of us are up to. Oh and if hes facing the front he wants to watch the kids get ready for school! :D Hence the name Yo-yo Brumation!

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok its been almost 10 days, ive been up and down out of bed with illness, and several things to deal with chronic conditions and seasonal/unexplained conditions. One being weird abscesses popping up all over both big and small, if any one has a clue as to a cause please do pm me with suggestions (it will keep this thread on topic and help keep others from reading medical details...). I do have some new pics and he has been going in and out of his bed for the past week so i decided to start making him get up to eat and do his routine because hes lost a bit of his fat pads and looks like a wrinkly lil old man with just a bit of fat pad left. IF he wants to go back down after he plumps back up i am fine with it but he has mama worried. I did introduce him to the tiny cleaner worm beetles (basically the tiny form of meal worm but very fast eaters and breeders), i had to put one on his reptirug and chase it at him to get him to snap it up, once he had it in his mouth he crunched it once, stood there wide eyed, and then quickly crunched it up and looked around for another. I put another one out and he ate it..... he then looked over at the bowl and ran to the bowl in my hand and ate all but the one hiding behind a carrot top leaf and then waited for me to put it on his rug for him. :D i say he likes them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom