Brumation or normal behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloraBelle

Hello,
I have a question for you all. My 7 1/2 month old boy, Indiana, is about 18 inches long and about 350 grams.. He has developed what may be a pattern, or may be early signs of brumation. He will eat like crazy for a few days or a week, then stop eating much of anything. Recently, he didn't eat anything for two days, and then the third day, he ate a few dubia. Now he isn't eating again. About the only thing I can get him to drink is a little diluted grape juice. Is this "cycling" normal? He's been doing this for a couple of months now... Lately, he's been curling up in corners, too. I think he is too young to brumate.... What do you all think? Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Flora....he is young but he's a big boy and some fast growing dragons will go through phases like that. He should be fine :) ....just watch that he doesn't lose much weight or begin to display a black beard while he's sleeping.

FloraBelle

Original Poster
Thank you so much! He seems okay.. just not hungry. He was eating hornworms for a couple of weeks, but now he turns his head at those, too.... spoiled on top of everything else!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom