Brumation "How long is Normal"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the board and any brumtion info would be great,my son's Bearded Dragon is about 14mths old and has been in brumation for about 8 weeks now, how long is normal???He is totally asleep most of the time will up an eye if he hears voices in his room but doesnt move.We have been bathing him once a week for 20mins and he will bask for about 30mins to a hour after then moves back under his log. A handful of time he will eat a super worm or cricket after his bath and has pooped this week which looks normal.This week he has come out onto his hammock and sleeps there but still will not eat anything offered.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a hard question to answer, really. :D
They all brumate differently & for varying amounts of time, too. The younger ones do tend to
not brumate quite as long & may be up & down a lot. I think it's because they are not really
sure what to do or what they are supposed to do. LOL
The older ones seem to brumate for a little longer, most of the times, but, not all of the time.
They are done growing so they just sleep a little longer or heavier.
Nothing is set in stone. They can brumate for a few days, a few weeks to a few months!
Is that specific enough for you? LOL

Tracie

ConnorsSmaug

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply it is helpful I just want to make sure its okay for him to sleep so long and I shouldnt really force him to eat etc seems so long with out food 8 weeks now.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Also, try to make sure that he doesn't go to sleep for a long time with food in his stomach -- in other words, if he wakes up and eats something, try to make sure that he poops before you let him go back to sleep for more than a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom