Brittle Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

Nazar is having a shed and yesterday her tail shed came off and her tail spikes are extremely brittle and the scales are spaced out with the spikes overlapping eachother, it looks like human dry skin, is this perminent? Did i not put her humidity high enough? I usually keep it at around 35 for sheds but it's been at 20 this time because her water spritzer broke
94134-9464516267.jpg
It wouldn't let me upload a better picture but the stuff on the side is all the way around her tail and worse on top

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It just looks like the bottom of the tail still has to shed so the area at the edge is still brittle. that should be OK and will shed away in time.

Killjoy01

Original Poster
94134-4430422867.jpg
You can see where it goes from normal to weird, it's lighter and has more of a pineapple texture/look. I let her go for a swim the other night and she wasn't acting like it was hurting so I don't think it's from lack of humidity

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I agree that it's just the demarcation where the shed is still waiting to come off, nothing to worry about though. :)

Killjoy01

Original Poster
AHBD":2dt84jl4 said:
Hi there, I agree that it's just the demarcation where the shed is still waiting to come off, nothing to worry about though. :)
Above the white spot at the bottom I mean, right where the tail starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom