Breeding Dubia Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danieel

Hatchling Member
Whats an ideal number of males and female dubias needed so I can start a breeding colony enough for one baby bearded dragon?

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
I would say about 50 females and 20 males should get you started. Maybe a little less for one but i would go bigger and sell the extras if you have any. Or you can get a bunch of mixed nymphs with like 5 adult pairs and let the nymphs grow to adults but that might take you longer to get up and running good. Up to you which way you want to go. I hope i helped good luck with the breeding!

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I just started breeding mine. Finally getting a colony going....took about 4 months. Search on the topic, and you will get tons of info.

I highly recommend giving them oranges,like everyone else says. Seems to be making them go at it! :blob5: :wink:

Danieel

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also what size of them should I get because I have until spring or later to establish a colony for the incoming beardie.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
At this point you would be fine with getting a "mix" and let them grow till you get the beardie. Estimate that one female will give you 20 babies a month and you should be good to go. (You really will get more babies from one female, but the females do not give birth monthly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom