Brand new Beardies on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyxi

I'm picking up my new Bearded dragons at the airport on Thursday morning, I bought them from a reputable breeder in my area. They have a short 30 min flight over here from the island. They are Orange Hypos, a probed male and female. He has marked their tails with an x to show they are sold, and the female has a line on the base of her tail to mark her as the girl, and the male has a line mid-tail. The female has the lighter colored head as she is coming out of shed. Anyways I'm SUPER excited to get them! They have been living together with all the other baby dragons, they are about 6 inches long, Do you think its ok if I let them live together in one large tank for a while? or what age should they be separated? I plan to feed them a ton so there shouldnt be any toe-nipping or anything going on. (Also I do not plan on keeping them on sand as a substrate, I use paper towel as a tank liner). Any advice would be great! I've only ever owned adult Beardies that I bought as adults, so the baby stage is new to me :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

jjh1

Juvie Member
First congrats on getting some new babies.

So the answer to the question should I house them together Nope they should be in separate vivs... because even if you give lots of food one does become dominate over the other such as not letting the other bask eat.

Male will want to mate all the time with the female yes even at such a young again hormones kick in over drive and the mating will begin.

Housing is I beardie to 1 viv. They also being babies like it hotter then adults so the temps should be 105-110 basking cool should be 80-85.

hope that helps
Joanne

pyxi

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I only have one large tank set up for them, but I have an extra 20 gallon tank, do you think that would be ok for very short-term for a juvenile dragon until I get a second big tank? I believe the breeder said the beardies are 6" in length. Also what size crickets would I feed these guys? I currently only have large crix, they are just around 1" long, I guess those are too big? Do I feed them as many crix as they want 2-3 times a day, or is it good to set a limit? and are greens offered once a day? Thanks!

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
The 20 will work for a little while, but not too long. for the 6 inch beardies you want 3/4 inch crickets or small reptiworms if you can get them. Those are nice looking beardies!

pyxi

Original Poster
Thanks! they were pricey but they are exactly what I want. It will be neat to see how their colors develop as they grow, I will be sure to post update pics. :)

Phoebe

Hatchling Member
They're gorgeous! Yes they should definetly be housed separately, and greens are offered everyday. Feed them as many crickets as they will eat in a 10-15 minute period and do that twice a day. Make sure you feed them separately.

grendel9

Juvie Member
Congrats! They are adorable! Love their colors! Good luck and please keep us posted! With lots of pictures!!! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom