bottom jaw sticking out father then top jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is doing good. Loves his mustard greens that I spray with water so that he gets hydrated. Yes it's Zilla, but I have liquid calcium coming Cheryl from her online store that she gave me, so should I switch him to that when I get it or which one should I give him? his weight is 140g! He eats half a leaf of mustard greens a day. and I continually spritz him with water and dip my finger in water and put it on his tongue since it sticks out a bit. he sleeps alot, but when is awake he walks around his viv, and I take him out and walks around on my bed.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
his eyes seem to be swelling now, and he is with every breath throwing his head..... is this more symptoms of RI or something else??? I am getting scared again, and he has had only 1 bowl movement since this whole thing started?? please help me figure it out

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....yes, those are symptoms of an R.I. Have you gotten the Baytril yet ? And be sure his tank is around 80 at night, also don't spray in his tank, [you don't want to raise the humidity ] when you offer water just dribble it on his nose, and if you give a bath be sure to dry him off right away and put him in the warm tank. Hopefully he will perk back up. Oh, and if he's had one b.m. in 5 days, that's not too bad, once he starts eating more they may increase.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he just had a bowl movement in the sink, and my baytril should be here tomorrow, and his tank at night is usually 80 to 82 and I have been spraying him since he dont drink water, his eye seems to be better, he tried drinking in the sink b4 the bowel movement and drank too much and almost died, but I suctioned him out and he was fine, his tank on the hot side is 99 to 105 and he stays there till he gets hot and either opens his mouth or moves to the cooler side.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update I ended up taking him in today they put him on 2 more meds he had mbd and Meningitis they said he might have been born with it. and he is other wise doing good, and that all this can be fixed or reversed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I am sorry to hear of his condition.
Which antibiotics & medications do you have? I can help with dosing but I need the name of the med, along with the strength of the solution as well as the weight of your dragon.
The meningitis can be treated yes so hopefully he will be able to get past that. The mbd can be stopped & kept from getting worse.
How is his appetite?

Tracie

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok a couple of things....one he only eats if I force him too, which has been 2 little pieces of collards..2 small pieces of strawberry his fav, and the vet has me giving him raw hamburger 2 small pieces smaller then a dime, he eats it if I put it in his mouth but he wont eat on his own, and also I read on another post about the bearded dragon named Beast, that you shouldnt have a red nighttime heat bulb on is that true? and I will give the list of meds and stuff he is on and how much and when I give them to him, the 2 antibiotics that the vet prescribed for him I will list the dosage and name........as follows this is his daily routine

4am- Benebac and Electrolites 0.3
12pm- Baytril 10mg 0.07
4pm- Benebac and Electrolites 0.3
530pm- Calcium 0.13
530pm- Metacam 0.01
8pm- Benebac and Electrolites 0.3
12am- Beneback 0.3
every 7 days I give him (Panacur) 0.03 no mention of what mg nor for the Metacam....
I was giving him calcium twice a day, but the vet made me do it only once....
I am so confused and lost, he goes to the bathroom every couple days, and I am constantly giving him water, but putting him in baths is bad he tries to put his head under water the first time my mom had to suction him out he died in my hands, after that I made alittle bit of water in the sink, and even then he still tries so I have to keep my hands in there under him so he cant do it, he doesnt seem dehydrated.
And help will be greatly appreciated

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You can give him turkey or chicken Stage 1 baby food, mixed with baby food squash. I would stop the raw hamburger right away. I would also stop spraying him. You can offer him water orally with a syringe. Please let us know how he is doing.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Esther19":2gawv3m2 said:
You can give him turkey or chicken Stage 1 baby food, mixed with baby food squash. I would stop the raw hamburger right away. I would also stop spraying him. You can offer him water orally with a syringe. Please let us know how he is doing.

I have squash stage one, but couldnt find stage 1 chicken, but I have to children who will eat the baby food, its vegetables and chicken. And I do not spray him anymore.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update: I am pureeing collard greens and strawberries and stage 1 squash baby food, he ate 1.0cc till he was stuffed. And also on another post from some I noticed that it said not to use inferred night bulbs, so what can I use, with out his light on and a towel on top of the whole cage it stays between 80-84 degrees, so should I pick up an electric heat emitter?? and I have a follow up appt. with the vet Thursday, so I will be posting what she said about him

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
You need a bright white light for basking during the day - this should reach about 105. It protects his eyes from the UVB, and helps him to thrive. For night, as long as it stays above 65F, you don't need any heat. If it drops below 65F, you will need the CHE.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have the bright white light already, but i will prolly get the CHE anyway just in case. And his tank doesn't even go lower then the high 70's but as back up in case it ever does I will buy one! Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom