bottom jaw sticking out father then top jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My beardie just started slightly shaking his head back and forth, what could that be now, I just let some water trickle off my spray bottle onto the tip of his top jaw and he was lapping it up, but now he seems to be opening his mouth wider when he breathes???? omg what kind of sign is that??? and I just weighed him he is 140g

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's probably just not used to drinking that way, maybe got a little too much at one time. He should be fine. By the way, you may want to get a probiotic for if/when you give him the antibiotics....that helps restore the good bacteria [ gut flora ] in his system. Those are also sold on Cheryl's site.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much for the info, I heard that I can get him acidophulis or however it is spelled, but that I can get it from walmart and crush it up a pinch a day, is this true?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which watt of the Powersun did you get, the 100 or 160? If you got the 100 watt, you can keep it at a 12-14 inch distance to help with exposure.
Do you have a picture of his tank setup we could see also?
You can get some non dairy acidophiliz capsules or tablets to crush up & sprinkle onto his food with.
I hope he is feeling better soon.

Be sure to increase his tank temperatures overnight to around 80 or so to help with any respiratory issue he may be having.
How often are you giving calcium or are you just now purchasing it?

Tracie

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got the 100 watt. I can get you a pic. DO I get the non dairy at walmart? I have had it since I bought him, and I give it to him if he eats, but I will go buy the liquid calcium since he hasn't ate in 2 days. I am trying atleast 2x a day

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, the 100 watt should be fine. If you can get it within 12-13 inches that would be great.
You can go ahead & give him the non dairy acidophiliz daily, if you would like. Just a tiny pinch is all he needs.
You can look for the Zilla liquid calcium at the petstore or Boneaid by T-rex if they carry that. Let me know which brand you get & I can help with dosing it for you.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been talking Cheryl and I placed an order should be here in 2-3 days, should I still go get what you had just told me about.

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I tried giving him mustard greens which are his fav greens, he wont eat them, tried a wax worm, he wont eat them either, and I dusted the worms before giving them to him. he has not ate in 3 days as of right now

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update, he ate a good amount of mustard greens drenched in water, and his tongue is pink and he is getting color back, and his meds are on their way!!!!! Things are looking up, thank you guys so much for all your help!!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes you can go get some probiotic since he will be on meds. It will help quite a bit for him.
How is he doing today, any improvements?
I am happy to hear he ate some mustard greens for you. It sounds like he is feeling a little better. :blob5:

Tracie

Zipperdoodles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
for the past 2 days he has been eating alot of mustard greens that I spray with water, and shrimp that was bought from petsmart, plus got him liquid calcium and he gets 3 drops of that a day

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

How is he doing today?
Which brand of liquid calcium did you get, Zilla?
Let me know on that & his weight so I can dose him with it to be sure he is getting enough for his body weight.
How is his appetite doing? Please keep us posted on him. I hope that he improves for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom