Both Back Legs Dislocated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":39htuse0 said:
Can you take some video of her trying to move? I'm really not sure, but it might help someone else.

Yes, I will make a new one I guess next chance I get & will post back here.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....first of all,what a very beautiful dragon ! As for her movement, she actuallh has a very good range of movement,but maybe this video is not showing her problem because she is on a slippery surface. Can you take another one with her walking on carpet or out on a sidewalk or in the grass ? She actually looks very fit and healthy. I don't think anything is dislocated, from the video she moves her legs very well. If she had begun to develop a slight problem with MBD, it may have affected her mobility slightly, but it looks like she is recovering from it. Keep getting her out in the sun several times a week, if you can make a screen enclosure . I think with sunshine + calcium she should be fine.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
How does she/he walk on a carpet? The video makes me think she/he may be fine. They don't walk on slippery surfaces well, my dragon gave me a heart attack one day on the bathroom sink when she was walking like that. She had just laid her first ever clutch of eggs and I thought something was wrong. But once I put her on my rug to walk, she strutted her stuff just fine. Post a vid of your dragon walking on a rug and we'll be able to give you more advice.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I thought you guys would think that..... aaaarrgghh. But she should still be able to stand on slippery surface and if she really wanted to move she should be able to because I know she can walk fine on my desk she always used to do so before all this but fine.... I'll go make a better video. Carpet is just as deceiving tho. I can't ever get her to move in my videos so next one might take a day or two.

AHBD":tqn6bko5 said:
I don't think anything is dislocated, from the video she moves her legs very well. If she had begun to develop a slight problem with MBD, it may have affected her mobility slightly, but it looks like she is recovering from it. Keep getting her out in the sun several times a week, if you can make a screen enclosure . I think with sunshine + calcium she should be fine.

Yes, there is dislocation. I've been to the vet & they confirmed that her leg won't stay in the hip socket. (something like that). & that it keeps popping out. & yes, I have a outdoor enclosure for her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can see a little bit of stiffness now, nothing really bad but there;s something strange in his movement. At least it doesn't seem too painful. If it's a dislocation I hope it would go back in on it's own. It's good that he has an outdoor enclosure....when did you sart putting him outside ?

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3gc8onyp said:
I can see a little bit of stiffness now, nothing really bad but there;s something strange in his movement. At least it doesn't seem too painful. If it's a dislocation I hope it would go back in on it's own. It's good that he has an outdoor enclosure....when did you sart putting him outside ?

I've always gave her natural sunlight since I've had her.
& yeah, if I poke at it.. she doesn't show any signs of pain but the doctor said it should heal on it's own overtime as well but it doesn't heal into place. It just hardens up outside of the socket as if it healed outside of it. You can tell by touching it. You would feel a nice hard bump which would be her bone.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I give up, it is clear nobody has an answer. I can't get her to eat, she is extremely skinny unless I force feed 3x a day. She didn't even get out of bed until 2pm today, 8am lights on. I had to bug her to get her to move.. she is sitting in her cricket container with 4 crickets sitting on her head... if she dies she dies.

She'll just be replaced.
Whatever, I am done with the stress.

dwChBmv.jpg

Blinksmama

Juvie Member
You seem very frustrated and disheartened. It must be exhausting trying to help her when you've so little to go on, and no improvement is apparent :( Reptiles are VERY slow healers, and they need a lot of TLC to nurse them back to health. Perhaps there is a reptile rescue in your area that will either take her, find a new home for her or has experience with this sort of thing and can help you through it. I know some members on here have had to deal with yellow fungus, coccidia and physical handicaps and other things. The demand on them financially, emotionally and time wise is a lot, some of them for months or a year+. Does she seem to be in pain?

Amy

Lenewen

Juvie Member
Ship her to me. I'll pay for the shipping. If she gets better, I'll ship her back. That's what we do here. We know how hard it is and healing does take a long time but we have the patience and 24/7 to do it since one of us is here around the clock.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
It is so kind and generous of you to offer your help!

I don't think it's life threatening but I'd need to see myself to say for sure. No reason to let the poor thing die.

As for those crix, they stress the dragons out a LOT. I'd suggest feeding phoenixworms or small dubia instead while the healing process takes place.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
RelentlessChaos":19d43vxt said:
Well I give up, it is clear nobody has an answer. I can't get her to eat, she is extremely skinny unless I force feed 3x a day. She didn't even get out of bed until 2pm today, 8am lights on. I had to bug her to get her to move.. she is sitting in her cricket container with 4 crickets sitting on her head... if she dies she dies.

She'll just be replaced.
Whatever, I am done with the stress.

dwChBmv.jpg

hm... wonder what kind of stress beardie is feeling, sitting still with 4 crickets on her head.
yes, please, ship her to Lenewen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom