Both Back Legs Dislocated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":2nwgx4l3 said:
Looks good! Hows' it doing today?

I'm on mobile right now in case of any typos. The cast isn't working so good it falls.off when he moves around as for the leg I still can't tell if broken or swollen / sprained but I'm starting to think the shin part is broken but today I thought her leg wad completely dead or had no feeling like gimpeg because I can put pressure on her swollen part n she won't even react to it even if I flick it around But luckil I found feeling in her toes if I squeeze the nail area she will try to move the leg n you can see her thigh muscles reflex but the rest of it is totally floppy ): I fear when we go to the vet tomorrow that they will just want to cut it off

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Don't let them cut it off. The tissue looks perfectly healthy. If they won't treat her, take her home. Raise the overnight temps to around 80 with a ceramic heat emitter. Also, PM Tracie (Drache613) ASAP, she may know how to treat a dislocation/break.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":2gbapk0a said:
Don't let them cut it off. The tissue looks perfectly healthy. If they won't treat her, take her home. Raise the overnight temps to around 80 with a ceramic heat emitter. Also, PM Tracie (Drache613) ASAP, she may know how to treat a dislocation/break.

Alright, I just sent her the message & link to the topic. Daisy's behavior is so normal, she is not scared, not angry (if I touch it) not lethargy, just perfectly normal & basking as if that gimp leg was just a sexy leg. :/

Bed.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a good splint, how is she taking it?
I noticed your lighting in your video. What type of UVB are you using, it looked like a compact/coil light on the one end, with the bluish tint?
Is there also a slight kink in the tail, too?

Are you able to get x-rays or not? Definitely do not let them cut the leg off. If it is not broken, it could be a damaged tendon or ligament, also which impedes the range of motion of the joint & arm/leg area.
How is her appetite doing?

She is a pretty girl, too! How old is she?

Tracie

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3dg2rmvs said:
Hello,

That is a good splint, how is she taking it?
I noticed your lighting in your video. What type of UVB are you using, it looked like a compact/coil light on the one end, with the bluish tint?
Is there also a slight kink in the tail, too?

Are you able to get x-rays or not? Definitely do not let them cut the leg off. If it is not broken, it could be a damaged tendon or ligament, also which impedes the range of motion of the joint & arm/leg area.
How is her appetite doing?

She is a pretty girl, too! How old is she?

Tracie

Her appiteite is picking up a little bit. & I have a Reptisun 10.0. With a 50w heat blulb & a normal house bulb for visible light. You said if it's not broken, what if it is broken? Is that what they have to do? I don't think there is a kink in the tail but it is grey at the end lately from stress, if I put her in the bath or she is not stresses the color usually matches the body.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Is the ReptiSun 10.0 a compact or a tube, though? If it is a tube, it should be mounted inside the tank, not on top. If it is a compact, it should be replaced with a tube.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
daner923":1xi7e3aw said:
Is the ReptiSun 10.0 a compact or a tube, though? If it is a tube, it should be mounted inside the tank, not on top. If it is a compact, it should be replaced with a tube.

It's the lengthy one. The ones that look like florescent bulbs.. yes it should be inside, but I haven't been able to do that. So I usually have a stick that goes real high 5 inches away from it. I would also give her plenty of natural sunlight time since I live in the desert. Although it's been winter & cold lately.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If her leg is broken, they can do a better mold-type of cast to completely immobilize it for short term until it heals up. That is really all they can do.
How is she doing today?
How often do you give calcium for her?
The UVB light is the long fluorescent tube bulb correct & it is the Reptisun 10?

Let us know how it went at the vets!

Tracie

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Back from the vet, nothing is broken. They just said that her thing is out of the hip socket so (dislocated hip?).. no cast, just anti inflammatory medicine. They said it will just heal by itself (wtf).. question is like, so I just leave it as it is (remember I said I can pop it back in / out) what if it's out again. They recommended 115 temps for her healing process. & gave her a Vitamin B complex injection. & gave me Metacam 1.5mg/ml Suspension. Which is anti-inflammatory I belive.. (reading the paper).

Total cost.. $143.16. They said other than that, she's healthy.

SAM_1235.jpg

(Edit): She gaped her mouth when she got a shot there. :p :roll:

Blinksmama

Juvie Member
What a relief that it's not broken :) I'd keep everything in her habitat "handicapped" accessable while she's recovering. Do you have a little towel ramp leading up to her basking spot?

Off topic, I have the same dish cloth (identical colours), my oma knits them, I use one of them for my bd's blanket too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom