BOOG GOT BIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all. Sorry for no updates. He is doing all right. I went to the vet and had an xray done. no break. and for infection im supposed to keep it wrapped up and he gets antibiotics once a day. He hasnt eaten though. i put new wormsand salad in his cage everyday and when i check up on him later all the worms are still in the bowl and salad still there. How do i get him to eat?

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
My theory is that he is still stressed from the bite and being cornered. Give him a couple of days and lots of extra love and he'll come around. Please PM Tracie(drache 613,diamc,denise bushnell,vickson or one of the other moderators for someone with more experience.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I am sorry to hear about Boog.How does the wound look?Is it black or necrotic?Did the vet give any other meds besides the cream.Cats carry alot of bacteria so you do want to watch carefully as the infection can get into the blood stream.
He may not be eating because of stress which could also raise his coccidia levels so you probably should get him on a probiotic just to be safe.If he doesnt start eating soon I would give the vet a call and give him the heads up just in case he needs an antibiotic to avoid internal infection.You could try getting him to eat some babyfood with a needless plastic syringe or spoon if he wont eat on his own.Please keep us posted on his progress.

-Vicky

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys. H e was in shed whee the bite occured and ripped off the shed way t early. So all this scales are black. Thewoumd oozes yellow stuff. I'm really worried about him becase he's already lost slot of weight and is very skinny

Pleaides

Juvie Member
its oozing yellow stuff?
that doesnt sound too good.
is there any way you could post a picture of his tail for us to get a better look at?
it shouldnt really be oozing anything, it could be weepy if its raw skin i suppose but then that could be clear.
a picture would help a lot?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Sounds infected.I would give your vet a call as soon as you can I dont think the cream is going to do it alone and he may even need to have that portion of the tail removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom