BOOG GOT BIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
So I was down stairs cleaning the dishes. and when i was done i went back to my room to find that boog was gone. (he was asleep under my pillow so i left him. So I was looking as i do this all the time and hes never run off. So i look in the closet and the cat has him pinned!!! I threw the cat off of him and picked him up. his first instinct was to bite me. and man he did not let go. So i had him chewing on me as i looked him over. (my hand had blood running down it.) the cat bit his tail multiple times. I have the bleding stopped but i dont have the money to take him to the A&M vet school ER clinic. I have him bandaged up with neosporin and vet wrap. Im hysterical and in no shape to go to a vet anywayxs. Any helop tilll tomorow till i can get him to a vet in the mmorning?????????

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my! How deep are the wounds? How many bites are there? Im sure Boog will be ok in your care, I remember the post about Saphira! :wink: You should PM Drache13.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeah that was not fun. And it was the same cat! And thank you. Ill get him to vet tomorow just i cant tonight. I only have 400 dollars. And the bites went all the way threw! This is big cat and boog is only about 12" and a year and a half old so he is very small for his age.(i think its petcos fault in my opinion)

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
OMG the poor lil guy!!!! I hope he's going to be ok!!!! Let us know what the vet says. Is he acting ok? He was only bitten on the tail right? Not his head or anything else? Hopefully he'll heal up ok and recover completely.

HUGS to you and to Boog!

Sandi

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thank you very much. i will pray for him too. yes its just his tail which after further inspection looks as i there is a break. im hoping there wont be a bad infection. cat bites are nasty! and i will let all of you know. he wont go back to sleep now... :(

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
jarett_harrison":78506 said:
thank you very much. i will pray for him too. yes its just his tail which after further inspection looks as i there is a break. im hoping there wont be a bad infection. cat bites are nasty! and i will let all of you know. he wont go back to sleep now... :(
I would suggest making him as comfy as possible before he can get to a vet. Maybe either hold him or put him on a really soft pillow.

Awww I feel so bad for you and your dragon. Will be thinking of you guys tonight. Please let us know what the vet says. I really hope he is ok.

Jennifer

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
well he is okay. I dnt think h sped at all las night though. I usualy have. Wake him up brfte I leave or he'll slrp all day. I chcked his tail the morning and the bites dnt look terible but I'm still afraid about ntection and the break in his tail. Hopefully I can get him up the vet today. Thanks for the prayer!

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh wow naughty naughty pussy cat!
i hope your lil ones ok. you really dont want that kind of bite to get infected thats for sure.
let us know what happens at the vets please. will be waiting to hear from you...

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
try to keep the wound clean to prevent infection. If they went all the way through Don't be surprised if the tail falls off. Its a natural defense. If you keep it from getting infected though he should be fine. Just try and keep the cats and dogs away from him.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Boog. How is he today? Did you get him to the vet? Please keep us informed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I just wondered if you had any updates for us? Did you get him to the vet today, & if so, what did they say about the injuries?
You do need to keep the area clean. If you have any loose substrates in the tank, please take them out & replace it with paper towels or non adhesive shelf liner to help keep the tail cleaner.
Make sure to use diluted betadine on that portion of the tail with the bites, & then put a good coating of antibiotic ointment on it as well. I am afraid that it will get infected if there are a series of bites.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom