Bloodbank's new video

Status
Not open for further replies.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
who has a youtube account? some one needs to post the link to this topic and bring their attention to the obvious crulity that is happening there. tell them the risks or feeding SCORPIANS to their bearded dragons... those poor beardies were being stung in the face! :angry5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I know that Bloodbank/Barry has an account here... I'm wondering if he will comment on this thread. IMO he has some explaining to do.

Completely agreed with Mystic Dragonz. BTW, I saw your Forsale thread, and you have some beautiful babies. I think I''l be sending people your way instead now, LOL. :) I like the smaller scale breeders that treat their animals like their own pets instead of breeding machines.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Small breeders treat all their animals like family, they can't afford not to. We don't export or wholesale thousands of babys, nor can we ask the prices the big name breeders can. Not a big deal, we all have our place in this world, but we need to use our popularity to make a better place for all animals.

Honestly, I don't condone some of what I saw in the video, but it doesn't mean they don't care for their animals properly. Some of the people on this board go a little crazy with their personal beliefs, but that doesn't mean someone else is doing it wrong. I'm sure I do a lot of things people wouldn't expect, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't learn from experience or if it would sacrifice the health and well being of my dragons. I spend hours every day answering questions from dragon owners on housing them together, breeding, feeding, lighting, etc. Knowledge and understanding the reasons give people the power to make educated decisions on their own behalf, sometimes just knowing why is better than saying how.

I really expected BBD to be the bigger person here and chime in with a caring apology to set everyone straight. I always preach to my kids and coworkers, if you screw up, accept the blame and move on. People will respect you and it will be the end of it, so what if we all have to kiss a little butt from time to time.

WesOzzy

Hatchling Member
I live in Ireland so I was never going to buy from Bloodbank to start with, but now even if I had a choice I wouldn't ever buy from them.
When the beardies live fine on insects why would you feed them animals that can feel pain.
That was just cruelty. That video will just make everyone who buys from them think its okay to feed your dragons scorpions and other lizards.
It may be a necessity in the wild, but that sort of thing isn't required when the dragon has access to an ample diet of dubia, crickets and other insects.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't feel that any of us needs to apologize to anyone for having our personal beliefs, nor do I think that anyone on this thread has really gone crazy with any remarks. It is actually Bloodbank who should be aplogizing for allowing his dragons to be put in harm's way with those scorpions trying to sting them. That really is just wrong. I guess to him or other larger breeders who practice things like this, it is just a game. I personally didn't see anything entertaining about it, & felt sorry for the scorpion, the anole & the dragons.
I am surprised it has stayed this calm to be honest. I have been watching it.
What Bloodbank has done, has given a lot of inexperienced keepers too many ideas of what not to feed. It is not a good idea to post videos like that no matter who you are, breeder or not. It shows utter disregard for the other species involved.
In the wild, I do not believe that they go after scorpions, because there is plenty of other types of foods they eat there. As far as smaller lizards, that is most likely few & far between. Their GI tracts are not really designed to ingest larger prey like that. There have been noted threads on here in which a bearded dragon died of ingestion of a pinkie or trying to eat another lizard.

Tracie

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Tracie,
Sorry if that didn't come across right, I was merely making a point about peoples personal beliefs in general on the forum, not this thread in particular. What I did mean was that some people preach their beliefs, say because of a bad experience, but it doesn't make it wrong for someone else, using sand for an example. There are always a lot of grey areas, and I feel so bad when someone asks a simple question and everyone tells them what they are doing is wrong, yet their question never gets a straight answer. Its not like it happens all the time, actually I've seen less of it lately. Still, nothing is wrong with that either, maybe that person just isn't as eloquent at getting their point across. Unfortunately, I've learned a lot of things the hard way, and we're all here to share our experiences to help others. I think everyone here has behaved fairly well and the only apology needed was if anyone was offended and showing some responsibility for their actions.

JAE

Thats why you dont trust a guy in a mask with million dollar prices. Sad part is this will only boost their popularity.
Why pay so much for a dragon when you can get the same morph from a smaller breeder for 1/4 of the cost. Reptile shows are the best nothing beats a face to face deal. I personally like to get to know my breeder before I purchase an animal.
And I back up Cheryl. Im one of the people who harass her on a weekly basis with questions.lol Ive been to her house ive meet her dragons. They rule the house not her!
I dont want to bash Barry but I think he should atleast show his face and make an appearance, maybe stand up for him self. Maybe hes got a reason.
I know why he sells dragons for so much...with the way he treats his eggs he probally has a poor Inappropriate word removed by Moderator hatch ratio and with the way he cares for his dragons his vet bill must be off the hook!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i posted a reply on his video but before it can be displayed it has to be approved...guess what he declined it!! the reply was simply asking if feeding them anoles and scorpions ran a risk of impacting the dragons. I also brought to his attention the fact that the scorpian was stinging them in the face it posed a threat to their health because one might have gotten hit in the eye. so much for clearing his name... and now people are commenting saying that they didnt know that they could feed that stuff to them and are excited to add veriety to their dragons diet :banghead: :angry5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
OMG, really? He won't even address the problems in the video, or answer questions that are nicely asked?!

I have officialy lost any ounce of respect I EVER had for Bloodbank. They are lower than dirt, as far as I'm concerned.

And now I bet we are going to have a flood of people joining and saying "HELP! My beardie won't eat or poop after I fed it scorpions and anoles!"
Then when we tell them that it isn't safe to feed those things... "But Bloodbank does it! They're professionals!"

*facepalm*

It is not right that he fed them these things, but your doing the exact thing the video was made for....advertising. New beardie owners definitely need to come to this site before owning a dragon...As a small breeder myself, I would never feed my dragons those things, but looking at some of the comments on youtube people are going to start feeding their dragons those things. He should have at least put a disclaimer at the beginning or end saying it was for advertising and no one should reattempt what they see.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
I had a link to the video on my facebook account, but I deleted it. I had put it up originally as a not to feed video but realizied that I do not have a lot of folk on my page that are bearded dragon keepers and I do not want to mislead anyone that it was ok to feed this junk to our beloved beardies.

This is a horrible video and I have passed the word to my friends to go elsewhere and not get anything from bloodbank!

Deemac6

Juvie Member
Video is absolutely disgusting, i'm appalled. I can't believe someone who should be so aware of how impressionable new owners are would do such a thing and promote blatant lack of care for their animals well being.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Ha, wow. He won't even respond, huh? Oh well, reptile keepers are a pretty close knit community, so he'll get his own. This site alone has members from all over, and if everyone just keeps the world up, I'm sure many will choose to do a bit more research before purchasing (from anyone really, not just from them). I know I'm in the KC area and I know a LOT of people in the reptile community, rather it be from shows or just meeting people at the local pet stores after a huge show and chatting with them. You can't just blame BB Dragons for individuals that watch that video and choose to feed those feeders though, the individuals themselves need to do some adequate research and find out that its not right to do so. I think we all have learned you can't always go by what you read or see on the internet. It'd be nice if we could comment on it as well though, and help get the word out that feeding those animals are not only dangerous, but very irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom