Blondie's Pringles ~ Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the decision was completely up to Carl, because Xena was his babygirl, and I know no-one else in the world can ever replace her... but he has always wanted to raise a baby dragon, seeing as how 3 of our 4 are rescues, and adults when we took them in...

So darn if they aren't totally like, well as fresnowitte says, P-R-I-N-G-L-E-S-!

So Carl picked out his baby... it'll take a little while to name her, we have to see her personality. Welcome into our hearts, little one... almost 14 inches / 166 grams / crazy hyper personality so far ...
111210-bg01.jpg

As soon as we got her out of the packaging, she made a bee-line for my son's leg & pancaked out, so CJ got the first real snuggles, he's my little seatwarmer:
111210-bg02.jpg

Look at that sweet face:
111210-bg04.jpg

111210-bg05.jpg

Ooh, soft, what's this?
111210-bg06.jpg

Yum, salad... nom nom nom...
111210-bg07.jpg

Hey, lady, I cleaned my plate, can I have more?...
111210-bg08.jpg

Oh, wait, ...
um, what else was I gonna say? ...
Oh, yeah,

There's MORE!

I had to crop that first picture, look really closely...
111210-1-unwrapping.jpg

did you look really really close?
???
Really?

111210-lg01.jpg

111210-lg02.jpg

Barbara was worrying about finding this little guy a special home, and Carl fell in love with him/her too... so he's our "little guy/gal"... Quasi now looks huge, and Crash looks like Godzilla compared to these two!

So meet little guy / 60 grams / 11 inches ... so laid back, just watches everything going on, and eats and eats and eats (hand-fed salad today :mrgreen: )
111210-lg03.jpg

111210-lg04.jpg

Just a little stress going from Cali to Ohio...
111210-lg07.jpg

Bath time! This little one loves to swim already!
111210-lg08.jpg

111210-lg09.jpg

Ooh, what's this?
111210-lg10.jpg

111210-lg11.jpg

Ooh, what's up here -- slowly progressed up the branches, then just watched us and all the activity in the room for about an hour...
111210-lg12.jpg

111210-lg13.jpg

111210-lg14.jpg

111210-lg15.jpg

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ok, gotta ask, would y'all be interested in a photo keychain or pendant necklace with YOUR dragon's face featured? I am working those up with art designs for my etsy store like Hellokitty etc and I could just envision my Crashie's face on a charm bracelet or earrings... give me your feedback, these would be in addition to the blankies when I renew my FS status...

Thinking: necklaces, bracelets, earrings, keychains, memory keepsake bow w/medallion for dragons no longer with us... my brain is on overdrive, someone pull my batteries!!! LOL

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
LOL ... I was gonna ask if your arthritis allowed you to pull off the necklace idea. :)
I think it's a great idea even if I'm to broke to think about it. :(
Have you posted any pic's on fb of your masterpieces?

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Trying to work thru my arthritis is WHY I started playing with jewelry making 3 years ago... I only do what I can tolerate each day... then continue the next day where I left off. Sometimes I crochet when I first get up to loosen my hands up... usually rip it out later because its all wonky LOL!

Am on the prowl for some nice lizard beads to make stitch markers & bookmarks... that's how I stumbled on the personalized thing I am working on now

Its another night of insomnia, hot flashes... add to that a sore throat. I want to be done done done with this mentalpaws hooey!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sorry about your sore throat and mentalpaw's!
Mentalpaws is a ..... I'm glad to be about done with it myself. I only get a few night sweats now, but that's probably because skinny Frank stokes the fire up in the middle of the night. :lol:

I find it rather hard sometimes to do detailed intricate stuff these days. It's like my hands don't get the signal my brain is trying to send after awhile. :roll:

Good luck with your bead search!

Warm Hugs & Snuggles!

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
There is a cute Coco/Lexi story to be told! Ahem...

We had a short blackout because of an apparent accident into a pole and a busted transformer, but it still, nontheless, knocked out our power. We went to turn of the dragon's lights, in case they popped or anything when the power came back on, and Mom shone the flashlight into Lexi's viv and Lexi was all hunkered down, like she was trying to run away, but she got too scared and just plopped down. We took her out and started snuggling her, and went to check on Coco. There was the same situation with her, and it was soooo adorable! We bathed them and gave them heatpacks and everything, but then our power came on again and we have power now.

I just figured I'd lighten the mood in here a little bit... :) and I know you guys won't say no to a fresh Coco/Lexi story.

P.S. Coco is officially the smallest dragon in our household.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, the babies were afraid of the power outage.
Still can't believe Lexi is bigger than Coco. How did that happen (rhetorical question, of course).

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ok, so I was making my fabric pottery the other day, and got to thinkin' ... Coco loves these darn bowls so much, HOW to do a doorway for a cave / hide ... voila! Of course this is my first rough draft, so the sewing is sloppy, and the fabric is just remnant scraps from other projects... but she likes it! And the darker colored fabrics absorbs heat, and the hole at the top lets some heat inside :D
coco-hide4.jpg

coco-hide3.jpg

coco-hide1.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She is a real sweetie & has a great smile & she SURE liked the hide you made her. It's so unique & she'll fit right in! Wow, who'd have thought that a dragon would love a fabric hide so much :mrgreen:

I'm on my way to my son's for his Christmas dinner with his girlfriend and her parents & grandmom. So I get 2 Christmas turkeys this year. It'll be fun to see her folks before they head home, which is a 3 hr drive east from where we are.

I with you and yours a great Christmas, I know Coco is happy :D
squ9sa4udst.gif

Rubio was singing songs, so he decided to sing to you all:
2008107.jpg

Hope 2012 is a good year for everyone,
Leo, Lonzo, Didi and Rubio say HAPPY NEW YEAR to Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho :D

Hugs
Deb

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the Christmas carolling, Rubio... such a handsome devil! Merry Christmas to everyone!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ours are all in and out, one day one will be up, the next day someone else, never know who. Poohbear (Crashiepoo) has been almost trancelike for a week, then we got him out for our Christmas card pictures, and he's all happy and basking. Just got jfinner1's sister's Christmas gift delivered (a custom cloak like Jessyca's) last night, and her Draco was all happily basking up on his rocks, eyeballing the fish tank like it was going to be a midnight snack LOL. He's been bobbing the cat, the pillows, the fish, the shadows... she doesn't know what to do with his crazy butt but let him be all crazy. :shock: all her critters are boys!

Then CJ and I just got back from delivering 3 dozen (yes, 36!) brand new fleece double-layered hats and a bunch of scarves to the homeless shelter downtown ~ they are having a Christmas gathering tomorrow, and I worked with one of the ladies there to help warm up our local homeless, even if its just a little bit.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, enjoy the family you've got to spend the time with. Its just us now, everyone is spread out all over the US, so we're having a quiet understated Christmas. I did splurge to make my special quiche tomorrow, and of course pumpkin pies LOL... and chocolates!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I had a wonderful Christmas, even my son Eric, who was 28 on Tuesday, came to my mom & dad's on Monday for Christmas Dinner. My mom always gives it on the 26th, it's a holiday up here, so everyone was off the next day, too & we had a ball.

WE ALL WANTED TO WISH YOU ALL A GREAT NEW YEAR WEEKEND & A GREAT 2012

new_year_glitter_graphics_17.gif

Hugs to everyone, too,
Deb, Rubio, Leo, Lonzo & Didi &
Rocco, my golden gecko

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
BeardyDragon":374ys1e3 said:
There is a cute Coco/Lexi story to be told! Ahem...

We had a short blackout because of an apparent accident into a pole and a busted transformer, but it still, nontheless, knocked out our power. We went to turn of the dragon's lights, in case they popped or anything when the power came back on, and Mom shone the flashlight into Lexi's viv and Lexi was all hunkered down, like she was trying to run away, but she got too scared and just plopped down. We took her out and started snuggling her, and went to check on Coco. There was the same situation with her, and it was soooo adorable! We bathed them and gave them heatpacks and everything, but then our power came on again and we have power now.

I just figured I'd lighten the mood in here a little bit... :) and I know you guys won't say no to a fresh Coco/Lexi story.

P.S. Coco is officially the smallest dragon in our household.
Somehow I was unsubscribed here... :( That's what happens when you are missing in action I guess. Cute story Carlye!
Wait a minute Lexi is bigger than Coco? :shock:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":cqfw70z8 said:
Wait a minute Lexi is bigger than Coco? :shock:
yup, Lexi is bigger than Coco ~ she's such a pear-shaped phatty LOL!

OMG ~ Lexi was hilarious with horns. She was so excited she was frozen with anticipation. Then her belly twitched with anticipation, then her head whipped around, then she went to launch and it was like she was too excited to move. It was hilarious. She finally got it, we are hoping she doesn't go on a hunger strike now and not want any other buggies. We only have a small supply, as I don't have any tomato plants going right not to get my rearing habitat up and running... will wait a few months yet on that until the weather warms a little.

Miss Cocobean has been hiding and happily sleeping in her bowl cave... she gets in there, and curls herself round and round until she fits snug as a bug... errrr, snug as a dragon? Take her bowl away, get stink-eye!

Crashiepoo has been up and basking the past few days. I always give everyone love in the morning wakeup, but when I walk thru the room and he's up on his highest branches, he "melts" into them, and looks like another part of the branch. He gets mad at me, and raises his head and bobs me ... of course the movement gets my attention, then I have to go pet him and tell him how handsome he is... He's been answering only to Crashiepoo and Poohbear lately... Won't answer to Crash anymore. What gives, spoiled?

We think Psycho's eyesight is getting worse, that hurts my heart ~ I wish we could fix her sight. Makes me angry and pulls at my heart strings when she tries to eat her worms... she is almost an inch off the mark most times, one side is worse than the other. Our vet mentioned last year its probably an after-effect of when her former owners starved her. Still hurts my heart, she's turned into such a rambunctious crazy loveable pretty girl, and I love her to pieces. I have resorted to being ready to flick her worm toward her bite when she's ready to strike... you'd have to see her eat her worms. She has stare-downs with her live prey, its creepy. Then she does test strikes before actually going for it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Dawn,
Yes, I was surprised to hear that Lexi is now bigger than Coco, it's amazing how they can grow! I guess I missed any prev posts about Psycho, no wonder your heart hurts. Those darned previous owners, I can't get why they'd want to starve a dragon. What in the world is the point of having a dragon if you're going to starve it. :angry5: I'm so glad you found her & got her back on the road to good health. So there's nothing can be done about her eyesight. At least you're there to flick the worms to her if she misses.

3 of my boys, Rubio, Lonzo & Didi are sound asleep. Leo sleeps for a day or two, then he's up for a few days. I swear he's only up to watch TV. I have a small TV in the living room & his tank is right beside it. I put it on a cartoon channel & he literally flops to the floor of his tank & just watches. If he doesn't like a show, he'll just turn his back until he hears a show he likes, then he's back watching. I even caught my gecko watching TV, too! They are all such funny reptiles!

I'm glad you liked the pic of Rubio singing, he does alot of that. He likes to show off :mrgreen:

Please give your crew hugs from me & mine, even if they are asleep
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom