Bloated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

Nazar seems to have blown up since last night, she was basking like a pancake all day yesterday and ate about ten crickets before going back to her basking spot. She pooped last night and this morning and twice yesterday so I don't think that it's constipation. Her basking spot is about 100 or 110. She has been sleeping a bit more than usual and shes much darker than usual. I think she might be starting to shed but I just want to make sure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Puffing up could be shed related. They do that to help loosen their skin. Can you post some photos of what she is doing?

Killjoy01

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3buepxn1 said:
Puffing up could be shed related. They do that to help loosen their skin. Can you post some photos of what she is doing?

94134-1938049523.jpg
here's how she's been pancaking (she's not scared she just got done hunting her crickets and she's drinking water off her stick in this)
94134-7032649680.jpg
I can take another picture if needed, the bloating has gone down significantly since this morning, she's not scared she's standing because she was hunting. Her stomach doesn't sag like that, if you need a comparison the bottom of her stomach usually doesn't go below her elbows

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like a back shed may be coming on. The pancaking is also common while basking to increase surface area. I don't see anything that should be cause for concern.

Killjoy01

Original Poster
CooperDragon":bzkr71as said:
It looks like a back shed may be coming on. The pancaking is also common while basking to increase surface area. I don't see anything that should be cause for concern.
Okay, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom